Just got my Fantom 29 Pro- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Just got my Fantom 29 Pro

I'd have to say I'm very happy with my purchase. I ordered from Bikes Direct about to 2 weeks ago. It came in about a week. Initially, I was a bit sceptical ordering a bike without actually riding or physically seeing/touching it. But I must say, the 3 times I rode the bike this past weekend, the bike so far seems very good.

I am not a serious rider or handy man so trying to assemble took a little time (approx 2.5 hrs). But its fairly self explanatory assembling it.

It's a fast bike. As of now, so far so good.

Here are a few photos.

http://hermanyee.smugmug.com/gallery...92583471_c5eu8

Apr 2008
    Very nice bike. Have fun with your 29er. What size did you buy?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I purchased the 17". I am 5'10". Its definitely larger then expected but I like the size. I think I may want to make a few changes (ie pedals, maybe saddle).

Have you switched parts on you Fantom yet?

Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowly_cook
    I purchased the 17". I am 5'10". Its definitely larger then expected but I like the size. I think I may want to make a few changes (ie pedals, maybe saddle).

Have you switched parts on you Fantom yet?
    Yes, I have switched out a few things and plan to do more. I am awaiting a new adjustable seatpost to arrive tomorrow. I want new pedals and I think I am going to go towards a clip-in system. I added quick release fenders, too. I wouldn't mind switching out the handlebars and grips, but I think that I will leave some of these upgrades for next year...my wallet needs a break!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey guys, I got my Fantom pro 29 in yesterday. It arrived in good shape. However, front derailer shifts horribly loud and rubs. I assume it needs adjusting? I also assume I need a shock pump for the shock in order to achieve proper psi for my weight as my fitting on my air compressor will not work. Where did you guys mount the poplock and in what orientation?
    Last edited by cronic; 05-14-2008 at 06:37 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yeh I wasnt sure where to put the poplock either. I ended up placing it on the right side of the handlebar (to the left of the brake lever and shifters).

Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cronic
    Hey guys, I got my Fantom pro 29 in yesterday. It arrived in good shape. However, front derailer shifts horribly loud and rubs. I assume it needs adjusting? I also assume I need a shock pump for the shock in order to achieve proper psi for my weight as my fitting on my air compressor will not work. Where did you guys mount the poplock and in what orientation?
    1 - Yes.
    2 - Yes. Check out Price Point or Greenfish for one (I got the one from Greenfish and it's great)
    3 - I mounted my poplock in the inside, right handlebar. The Rock Shock logo right side up and the poplock, when fully depressed, is very easy for my thumb to hit (same with the release button).

I hope that helps.

Members who have read this thread: 0