Just bought motobecane, what are these?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Just bought motobecane, what are these?

Just bought motobecane, what are these?-img_8833.jpg

These came in the box of small accessories. They are about 1-1'4" long very thin.

the bike I bought is a carbon frame flat bar road bike hybrid. café century pro. I don't want to omit them if I need them, but they seem to be some kind of spacer? I dunno.

Anyone know?

Cholla magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickset45 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8833.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	238.3 KB 
ID:	1052785

These came in the box of small accessories. They are about 1-1'4" long very thin.

the bike I bought is a carbon frame flat bar road bike hybrid. café century pro. I don't want to omit them if I need them, but they seem to be some kind of spacer? I dunno.

Anyone know?
    They are rotor spacers for your disk brakes. 3 spacers with 2 holes apiece for a 6 bolt rotor.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

thanks bro!

Quote Originally Posted by cmonkEP View Post
    They are rotor spacers for your disk brakes. 3 spacers with 2 holes apiece for a 6 bolt rotor.
    Ahh! many thanks!
    I haven't ridden it yet, so no harm done.

Quickset

Rent this space for $
    Technically, they're locking washers for the disc rotor. They are sandwiched between the button head rotor bolt and the rotor. The rotor bolt has a series of detents around it's mating surface and the upright protrusion on the locking washer is compressed and rides against the detents preventing the rotor bolt from backing out...which would be very bad! They're not absolutely mandatory but if you don't use them, and even if you do, make sure to use blue loctite and set proper torque values on the rotor bolt.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

thanks

glad you clarified this.. I foolishly put them between the rotor and the hub! I'll look carefully for the rotor indents, and yes.. lots of blue locktite. Usually I give the rotors a snip with my finger before rides to check for any vibration.

QS

Cholla magnet
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh My Sack! View Post
    Technically, they're locking washers for the disc rotor. They are sandwiched between the button head rotor bolt and the rotor. The rotor bolt has a series of detents around it's mating surface and the upright protrusion on the locking washer is compressed and rides against the detents preventing the rotor bolt from backing out...which would be very bad! They're not absolutely mandatory but if you don't use them, and even if you do, make sure to use blue loctite and set proper torque values on the rotor bolt.
    And this is of course the correct answer. I forgot about the detents. Thank you for setting me straight.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk