Input pleassse 2010 fantom elite ds- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Input pleassse 2010 fantom elite ds

Could not get the 2009 back in June 2010's just became available for $1295. Seems the upgrades were on the brakes and shock. Pulled the trigger and ordered it today. Still a good deal?

DynoDon

Congradulations

For the extra $100 you get top loading Elixirs and a upgrade in the rear shock, it was a great deal before and it looks like a much better bike now, the worst thing about the deal is the wait for the UPS man. Happy Trails to you.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Great! Thanks for the reply, having to wait for it to get delivered sux. How soon before it ships? Will it ship out next Monday if ordered yesterday?
    I know I will not be disapointed, "good things come to those who wait." ...but waiting still sux.

DynoDon

The Wait

You should get a UPS Quantum e-mail it will tell you your package has shipped, and you can save it to Track the shipping daily, it will also give you a projected delivery date, my last bike delivered in 7 days, I have a Fantom Team coming now, it should be here Wensday the 4th, assembly was easy, set up was a learning process for me, I did all my own work, Youtube has alot of info if you need help, or take it to a LBS, you will need a shock pump and basic tools, Good Luck

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Dude! You are so right. I just got the Quantum right now! ETA is set for August 5. Where can I get a shock pump at a decent price? Thanks for ur input.

DynoDon

Shock Pump

Bikers Direct has shock pumps for under $30.00, but a LBS would be around $35.00, sounds like you're going to set up your own bike, thats a good way to go, then if you need to work on it, you'll be ready, beats walking the bike out of the trail, or damaging the bike, by riding a broken bike.
    If you buy your pump from Bikers Direct, you may want to order a derailaur hanger to, it's a good thing to have with you incase you break yours, or bend it, they are made to break off and save your derailer from damage, I ordered one, and it only took a few days to get here, they priority mailed it, it should beat your bike there if you order today.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Funny. I bought mine in May, and its got the same parts and it was only 1195. Its a great bike though, more than I expected.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Really? I thought the bikes were 2009's until i placed my order and saw them as 2010's with the $100 increase. Wonder what happened. Any i'm still glad i was finally ready to order one.

Members who have read this thread: 0