• 07-30-2010
    yece
    Input pleassse 2010 fantom elite ds
    Could not get the 2009 back in June :( 2010's just became available for $1295. Seems the upgrades were on the brakes and shock. Pulled the trigger and ordered it today. Still a good deal?
  • 07-31-2010
    manabiker
    Congradulations
    For the extra $100 you get top loading Elixirs and a upgrade in the rear shock, it was a great deal before and it looks like a much better bike now, the worst thing about the deal is the wait for the UPS man. Happy Trails to you.
  • 07-31-2010
    yece
    Great! Thanks for the reply, having to wait for it to get delivered sux. How soon before it ships? Will it ship out next Monday if ordered yesterday?
    I know I will not be disapointed, "good things come to those who wait." ...but waiting still sux.
  • 07-31-2010
    manabiker
    The Wait
    You should get a UPS Quantum e-mail it will tell you your package has shipped, and you can save it to Track the shipping daily, it will also give you a projected delivery date, my last bike delivered in 7 days, I have a Fantom Team coming now, it should be here Wensday the 4th, assembly was easy, set up was a learning process for me, I did all my own work, Youtube has alot of info if you need help, or take it to a LBS, you will need a shock pump and basic tools, Good Luck :thumbsup:
  • 07-31-2010
    yece
    Dude! You are so right. I just got the Quantum right now! ETA is set for August 5. Where can I get a shock pump at a decent price? Thanks for ur input.
  • 07-31-2010
    manabiker
    Shock Pump
    Bikers Direct has shock pumps for under $30.00, but a LBS would be around $35.00, sounds like you're going to set up your own bike, thats a good way to go, then if you need to work on it, you'll be ready, beats walking the bike out of the trail, or damaging the bike, by riding a broken bike.
    If you buy your pump from Bikers Direct, you may want to order a derailaur hanger to, it's a good thing to have with you incase you break yours, or bend it, they are made to break off and save your derailer from damage, I ordered one, and it only took a few days to get here, they priority mailed it, it should beat your bike there if you order today.
  • 07-31-2010
    Gotrox
    Funny. I bought mine in May, and its got the same parts and it was only 1195. Its a great bike though, more than I expected.
  • 08-01-2010
    yece
    Really? I thought the bikes were 2009's until i placed my order and saw them as 2010's with the $100 increase. Wonder what happened. Any i'm still glad i was finally ready to order one.