How do you like your fly team Ti- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

How do you like your fly team Ti

Those that have them, how do you like your fly team ti 26r. I am looking to get one in a couple of months. I am looking to build a lighter stronger bike than my 2005 fuji outland pro. I will be trail riding and doing some light racing 20k plus (for now). I am going to buy the frame and sid fork and adding the parts I currently have, except I need a new front derailleur; will probably get an XT. Just looking for some feedback on this frame, I can't afford an american built Ti frame.

Thanks,
    Randy

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I like it very much. I have a 2010 model but I did not build it. I use to have a Litespeed HT
    and I like the moto better. They both ride good but the Moto looks better. I don't race so I
    can't comment on racing them.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have experience with this bike or frame?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rdickens48
    Thanks for the reply. Does anyone else have experience with this bike or frame?
    I had the 26" before I replaced it with the 29er; two very different bikes!

The 26er has a very short top tube and steep head angle. It's tremendously quick steering but sketchy and endo-prone coming down hill and compared to other bikes. It's also a pretty rough ride for endurance, my limit was about an hour or so just like MBA said. I do crazy stuff like the Shenandoah Mountain 100 on my other bikes, so it's not just me.

That being said, for a short course, smooth XC race where you don't have long downhills it would be a pretty snappy ride. Hard to complain about only having 20 lbs of bike to push up hill, even the really fast riders here couldn't get away from me on climbs.

I don't know that I'd pick it up as a "trail" bike. But for short races, sure.

mtbr member
    I am currently riding an aluminum hard tail. Would the Titanium ride any better than aluminum? As far as being a short top tube, would going for the largest size be beneficial? I am about 6ft. I currently ride a 19in 2005 fuji outland pro, the 20in fly ti is about the same size.

Thanks,
    Randy

mtbr member
    If the geometry is pretty close, then generally titanium will ride smoother than aluminum. It won't be like moving to suspension but it is a nicer ride. A lot less buzz in particular.

You should see if you can pull the geometry for the Outland off the Internet. The Fly's can be found at http://www.motobecane.com

I'd look at top tube and head angle in particular to see how it'll feel in comparison to your current ride. Since the Outland is a broad niche bike, I'd imagine that the Fly is going to have a steeper head angle for starters...

Members who have read this thread: 0