How to contact bikesdirect.com?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2011

How to contact bikesdirect.com?

I ordered a motobecane fantom 29pro from bikesdirect.com a couple weeks ago.

Bike arrived and was easy to assemble and looks great. However, the resevoirs on the brake levers had leaked in storage and damaged the finish on the levers, as well as making the brakes spongey. I can pull the lever 1/2 way before the pads engage the rotor. So they require a bleed. I'm not happy about this at all. I could not care less about the finish on the levers, but the brakes aren't working correctly and I'd like them to exchange my levers and calipers for a properly bled and not leaking set.

I emailed bikesdirect last thursday and have not received a response. Today I went back to the bikesdirect webpage and decided to forward my email to all the other email addresses they have listed on their contact page. Unfortunately my emails to the other addresses all bounced back.

How can I contact bikesdirect so I can discuss this problem with them? Wish they would just put up a damned phone# so I could at least talk with someone about my problem.

Other than this annoyance I'm very happy with the bike so far. Nice ride, great handling and good performance at a reasonable price. Thanks motobecane, now stepup to the plate bikesdirect and fix my problem!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    This is the email I used last week [email protected] I worked with Matt to fix a brake issue.Couldn't be any happier with the service.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I got a reply right after I posted this....
    Thanks for the reply though. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future.
    BD is going above and beyond to rectify my concerns.

Thanks again

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    yes - i try to find number to. They have no number. Look like only way is email. Not very good.
    Do you know who make bike for bikesdirect? I hear it is Fuji plant in China. Is this true?

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    They never email me back... I want to know if Fuji bikes build Motobecane.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheng Lee View Post
    The answer is NO!!! Kinesis builds Motobecane, Fuji, Jamis, Trek, Felt, Specialized and many, many,many other well known bicycle names. The bike companies design or spec out the bike they want mass produced to factories like Giant and Kinesis. Those factories then "mass produce" those bikes in the numbers that the bike companies request. Think of the process no differently than clothes fashions or even the Apple "Ipod" devices. Apple & Dolce and Gabana both design their products at their facilities located in Italy and Silicon Valley respectively. Once the final design is decided upon, the hundreds or thousands of duplicate items are then factory assembled in China or Taiwan, or Mexico, or the Philipinnes, etc. Basically, factories that "mass produce" most things that we use everyday are mostly found in foriegn countries nowadays. That is why our country must re-group and re-educate our populace. There are fewer and fewer factory type jobs left in this country. They've all been transferred overseas!!!!!!

This is part of the discussion of our current national political dialogue man!

BikesDirect is not going to answer your question. Nor will Jamis,or Specialized, or Trek, or GT, or Motorola, or Maytag, or Dell, or Hewlett Packard, yada,yada,yada............ Got it?

Got it????
    Last edited by Odiggy; 09-26-2011 at 06:30 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    delete
    Last edited by Odiggy; 09-26-2011 at 06:34 PM.

AZ
    banned
    Some moto offerings have been rebranded Fuji's.

A phone number is listed in this link:

Bikesdirect.com Business Review in Dallas, TX - Dallas Texas BBB

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Just to update this thread with my experience....

Bikes direct got my replacement brakes out to me in three days. Can't ask for more than that. Also upgraded me from Juicy to Elixers

I've got about 150 miles on the bike now and can't complain one bit. Thanks Bikes direct for making this a great purchase.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Oops, double posted for some reason....

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    good to hear they are resposive.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Last week I ordered two bikes from BD, one for me and one for my wife. They both arrived early and my wife was riding hers to school the next morning. Everything on her bike was set up very well and I just had to install the bars, pedals, seat, front wheel, and air up the tires. She was really pleased and today is her third ride to school (ten miles RT) and no problems at all.
    My bike was missing some parts (pedals, seat, post, and front skewer) so I was a bit disappointed. I emailed BD and Matt replied with an apology and he sent the missing parts right away. The parts arrived two days later and the next morning I was out early for my first ride. The bike worked excellent and rode about 20 miles. Shortly before getting home I started hearing and feeling something in the cranks. I got home and checked and sure enough the bottom bracket was already starting to go. I assumed that my size (6' and #240) was a little much for the stock SR Suntour BB. I again emailed BD that night about the problem. I expected that they would send me a replacement but I asked if I should look into a better BB due to my size. The next morning (today) I had an email from Matt that he had sent me a new part and even upgraded it to a better Shimano one.

Needless to say I am very pleased with the customer service I have received form BD. The bikes themselves are great. I am just getting back into cycling for the health benefits and enjoyment and my wife needed an upgrade for her commute to school. We couldn't afford much (economic stimulus.....yeah right) if we were both going to get a bike and there is only one LBS within an hour of us so the selection was limited. This really worked out great for us.

mtbr member
    I emailed a question yesterday about my bike that arrived yesterday morning. Haven't heard anything back at all yet... Maybe they are busy.