Hey, Bikesdirect Mike- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Hey, Bikesdirect Mike

I can't seem to find any info about Motobecane frame weights here or elsewhere online. I'd like to know the weights of the 600/700DS and Fantom Trail/Comp DS frames (16.5 &18.5 sizes). Thanks.

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitzhym
    I can't seem to find any info about Motobecane frame weights here or elsewhere online. I'd like to know the weights of the 600/700DS and Fantom Trail/Comp DS frames (16.5 &18.5 sizes). Thanks.

We generally do not weight frames
    But FS frames like this would weigh about 5.5 lbs to 6lbs; that is just a wild guess

I just checked the frame builders catalogs and they do not quote weights on these either

And as you may know - weights vary by not only size, but from one frame to the next, due to tolerances in manufacturing

I think you can count on adding 2.5 lbs plus rear shock at this level, form moving HT weight.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    We generally do not weight frames
    But FS frames like this would weigh about 5.5 lbs to 6lbs; that is just a wild guess

I just checked the frame builders catalogs and they do not quote weights on these either

And as you may know - weights vary by not only size, but from one frame to the next, due to tolerances in manufacturing

I think you can count on adding 2.5 lbs plus rear shock at this level, form moving HT weight.
    OK. How about the weight of a fully assembled 600 DS 18.5?

I guess an assembled Fantom Comp is going to be in the 32-34lb range if the Pro weighs in around 28-29lbs. Is that a safe assumption?

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by damnitzhym
    OK. How about the weight of a fully assembled 600 DS 18.5?

I guess an assembled Fantom Comp is going to be in the 32-34lb range if the Pro weighs in around 28-29lbs. Is that a safe assumption?

I think either of these bikes will be in the 32 to 34 range

Members who have read this thread: 0