• 10-14-2009
    Sound Solutions
    Help Deciding B/t Team Or Pro....
    Hey Guys, I Was Looking At The Moto Fantom 2010 Team Or The 2009 Pro Ds. Is It Worth The Extra 300$ From $1600 To $1900? Im Just A Recreational Rider But I Want A Bike That Will End All Of My Day And Night Searching Etc. This Will Be My 3rd Bike In The Last 4 Months. From A 400$ Schwinn To $1000 Iron Horse Azure Xc To........................??? Any Suggestions Or Comments Would Be Appreciated. Thanks Guys! Also, Does Anyone Know When The 2010 Pro Ds' Will Be At Bikesdirect?
  • 10-15-2009
    S.O.B.
    I have the 2008 Fantom Team and had to make the same decision. Ultimately I decided to buy the best bike I could afford. I felt like the brakes, cranks and wheelset were worth the difference. I have since changed my headset (Cane Creek S-3) to match my SS so I can swap forks when I want. I also changed my post and stem (Thompson) to achieve a better fit, but the Ritchey WCS is good stuff (and easy to sell). Good luck with your decision.
    Oh, I should add that I just liked the look of the Fantom Team so that factored in. ;)
  • 10-15-2009
    Sound Solutions
    Haha the polished silver does look clean! Thanks for the feedback. Im leaning more towards the Team now, but it just hurts a little more since its almost 2k$! Just gotta charge it and worry about it later I suppose? The 300$ difference doesnt seem to much more for the upgraded parts your getting.