Hal6 suspension tuning.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2017

Hal6 suspension tuning.

Well I just spent the morning trying to dial in my Pike solo air and Monarch plus rc3. I am about 180lb in full gear.
    I am at 60 psi front with about 20% sag. Six clicks from the Jackalope on rebound. 0 on the compression with no tokens.
    Rear is at 180psi with about 20% sag. Rebound I set in the middle of 20 clicks and ended up two toward the Jackalope.
    Using a fox 300psi pump.
    I had a local bike shop set it for my weight when they put it together. The air was not even close. After a few rides I knew I needed to check it myself.
    Think I will leave in for right now other than the compression which I will experiment with.
    Bikes direct gives no help on suspension setting for their bikes so you are kind of winging it other than the SRAM charts. What are you guys running for sag and settings?

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017

upgrade the geometry

Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    Well I just spent the morning trying to dial in my Pike solo air and Monarch plus rc3. I am about 180lb in full gear.
    I am at 60 psi front with about 20% sag. Six clicks from the Jackalope on rebound. 0 on the compression with no tokens.
    Rear is at 180psi with about 20% sag. Rebound I set in the middle of 20 clicks and ended up two toward the Jackalope.
    Using a fox 300psi pump.
    I had a local bike shop set it for my weight when they put it together. The air was not even close. After a few rides I knew I needed to check it myself.
    Think I will leave in for right now other than the compression which I will experiment with.
    Bikes direct gives no help on suspension setting for their bikes so you are kind of winging it other than the SRAM charts. What are you guys running for sag and settings?

Thanks.
    I did the sag at 30% in the rear because I could not make this thing bottom out with 20% sag and 20% sag up front. I am actually going to slacken the head angle by 1.5 degrees. I was looking at the geometry and with a 1.5 degree slackened head angle the HAL6 Pro will be the same geometry as the SC Bronson (for the most part).

mtbr member
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmccann137 View Post
    I did the sag at 30% in the rear because I could not make this thing bottom out with 20% sag and 20% sag up front. I am actually going to slacken the head angle by 1.5 degrees. I was looking at the geometry and with a 1.5 degree slackened head angle the HAL6 Pro will be the same geometry as the SC Bronson (for the most part).
    Thanks. Might have to drop my rear pressure also. I have not done enough riding yet to decide about the head angle.