Good deal on Outcast29?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Good deal on Outcast29?

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/bik/2341843786.html

This seems a good price, assuming the bike is in decent shape. Second question, I have a 2002 Raleigh m40 I'd like to take the cassette off and move over for 1x7. Anyone know off hand if that's compatible or if I'd need to buy a new cassette?

Thank you

John has a long moustache
    Quote Originally Posted by Parish_Rane
    http://cosprings.craigslist.org/bik/2341843786.html

This seems a good price, assuming the bike is in decent shape. Second question, I have a 2002 Raleigh m40 I'd like to take the cassette off and move over for 1x7. Anyone know off hand if that's compatible or if I'd need to buy a new cassette?

Thank you
    That frame comes with a 9sp free-wheel hub. Your 7sp won't fit it as it sits. A spacer will need to be added. If that bike is bone stock then you are getting it for about $100 less than the guy paid for it. It should have been delivered with an additional 32t chainring as well.
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    I appreciate that. Assuming it has the 32t chainring and I can swap it over to that, is this a fair beginnerish bike? I rode in HS some and am looking to do light singletrack with the wife. I doubt I'm beefy enough for a SS so would need some gearing. When we do ride, on borrowed bikes, I never leave the middle ring so I figured a 1x7 or 9 would be ok. To really add gears on then I would need to get a rear DR, shifter, and cassette?

John has a long moustache
    It's a great bike. With shifters and cables you will love it. Just make sure you put something on the front to keep the chain from bouncing off if you go geared in the back. I put a front derailleur on mine to keep the chain in line.
    I'm not name-calling. I'm just listing the facts. The fact is that you did NOT have 6in inserted----alexrex20

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    I wouldn't buy used just to save $100. If you want a geared bike, it'll be cheaper just to buy one as opposed to converting a SS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Members who have read this thread: 0