Full Suspension Ti (29 or team).......Mike?- Mtbr.com

Jul 2009

Full Suspension Ti (29 or team).......Mike (Bikesdirect)?

Mike (Bikesdirect)
    your Ti frames are getting a real fan club ..... And I want to join.

I've searched through all your old posts and you mentioned an FS Ti 29er. Any update?
    If not, a Ti 26FS?

And.... Thanks for offering mere mortals the chance to ride like the Gods :-)
    Last edited by cymro; 08-03-2009 at 06:58 AM. Reason: add more content

Jul 2009

Bikesdirect Mike (or anyone with insight?)

Does anyone have any insight on when the new Motobecanes will come (I've seen mention in the forum of full suspension, titanium bikes 'coming' but the last post was a year ago and suggested that a full suspension, ti 29er would be coming in 6 months.......?

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by cymro
    Mike (Bikesdirect)
    your Ti frames are getting a real fan club ..... And I want to join.

I've searched through all your old posts and you mentioned an FS Ti 29er. Any update?
    If not, a Ti 26FS?

And.... Thanks for offering mere mortals the chance to ride like the Gods :-)
    Hi
    Thanks

I am working on this 29er FS model; we have made and tested 2 different versions
    We have V3 being made now and expect it to be perfect and go into production Dec or Jan

I am really unsure on the Ti 26FS; have not started on that yet

thanks for your interest and support

Mike

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    Hi
    Thanks

I am working on this 29er FS model; we have made and tested 2 different versions
    We have V3 being made now and expect it to be perfect and go into production Dec or Jan

Mike
    Well... if you need a high altitude AM/XC tester please let me know via PM!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I would be very interested in an FS 29er. Please keep me in the loop. Do you know the approx. cost atm?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I second the FS 29 Ti desire/need.

mtbr member
    Dang, I was going to buy a FS 29er to complement my hardtail Fly for long marathon events, this winter - and now I will have to look what would be available.

Are you going the pivotless softtail route - or proper aluminum rear triangle?

Please, please - do a through axle front fork.

KMA
    T U R T L E S P E E D
    Bump ..... any update/details on the new FS Ti 29'er? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KMA
    Bump ..... any update/details on the new FS Ti 29'er? Thanks.
    In another thread Mike mentioned that they will be working on an Al version of suspended 29er first. Which makes sense. Too bad, I was going to get a FS 29er for endurance riding, and I like steel/titanium front suspension - probably will go for a custom with Ventana's rear.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Yes, unfortuantely a Ti FS 29er is in the distant future from Motobecane. I am sure the Al one will be great so long as it has high end components.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect
    Hi
    Thanks

Mike
    I would potentially buy this and sell my Fantom Pro 29 hardtail, even though I love it.
    Curious on pricing.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Bummer! Aluminum first? Mike can you verify this? couldn't you produce both with the same geometry at the same time? It sure would be nice to have a high end Ti FS 29er and a budget minded aluminum FS 29er ready for next spring. You would be the talk of the town with that line-up. I'm planing on doing the Leadville 100 next year and have been holding off for the 2010 Moto line-up and was hoping that a Ti FS was going to be released for the spring rush. Keep up the good work Mike. Where else can you go and spend 5 minutes on the computer and talk to "THE GUY" Who is designing your next ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Mike. Can you give a a peek at the V3 prototype? (Motobecane 29er FS) I still think you would shake up the bike industry by offering both a Ti and aluminum. Your Ti frames are awesome. I've been riding your Ti fly now for two full seasons. I will never go back to aluminum. The look and feel of Ti is so smooth. And the frame welds are Tight! Tight! Tight! It would be a shame not to offer a Ti FS for the 2010 season. I'm begging ya!!!

mtbr member

December gone ....January begins

Hey Mike,

Its January tomorrow Any progress on the production of a FS 29er? What about a late christmas present to all Motobecane riders and give us a sneak peak..... please.. I have been holding out on purchasing another bike until i see what BD has to offer in a FS 29er. What about thoughts on components for the bike? Shocks? Shifters? maybe the color? or even the reflectors? give us something

If you can....
    i love the smell of tri-flow in the morning......

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I had no idea there was a 29er double-boingy in the works.

That would be really sweet for me. 'Cause I'm waffling back and forth between the Fantom Team and the FLY Team 29 Ti.
    A 29" FS would be perfect!

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I am waiting in the wings ready to buy a FS Ti 29er from ya Mike. Would love to see a sneek peek as well!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    save your pennies! Mike did say the deal would be ready around X-Mas time.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009

FS TI 29er

Where are you mike? has anyone tried to PM him yet?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have a fantom29pro sl, and would be tempted at getting a new frame, myself... The ti frame is very inviting - but i dont know how much of an improvement it would be over the alu.
    ------------------
    My Blog - Big Muddy Wheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Here is some emails I have been trading with BD over the last couple of days. sounds like we wont see a full suspension 29er until fall. bummer.

I was just curious where you guys stood as far as coming out with a full suspension 29er? Mike had mentioned on a couple of the forums that you were in stage three of the prototypes and was expecting to release something around xmas. Any progress? I know you have a slew of fans waiting and I would love to purchase one. I ordered a moto cyclocross fantom for my girlfriend a few months ago and we have been very pleased. Cant wait to make my next purchase from you but waiting for the full suspension 29er. Just looking for an update! Have a great day!!

--
    Marcus

Reply Forward

marcus any update?
    1:54 PM (3 hours ago)

Reply |[email protected] to me
    show details 4:01 PM (1 hour ago)

Hello,

I actually have been riding the 2nd proto and we needed to make some changes, waiting on the 3rd and I think we will be ready to go. Unfortunately it looks like the fall will be the arrival of the 1st production run.

Thanks,
    Chris

Members who have read this thread: 0