Which FS Motobecane?

Printable View

• 08-07-2012
    bloodninja
    Which FS Motobecane?
    So I just got my first BD bike and I'm already thinking about the next one. :rolleyes:

It seems like their full suspension bikes are either entry level or ultralight XC racing bikes. What FS bike would you recommend for rugged, rocky PA/NJ trails? No extreme drops or jumps or anything, but I want something pretty sturdy. Thanks.
  • 08-08-2012
    krautfed
    Mind if I ask why you are looking for another one? Was your first a hardtail? Reason I'm asking is I've found out in the past that I'm pretty quick to buy something and then immediately want to upgrade.
  • 08-08-2012
    bloodninja
    Yes, my first is a hardtail. It's a Dawes Haymaker 1500.

I'm just thinking about the next one, I'm not ready to buy it yet. Window shopping and stuff. I hope to get at least a year out of the Dawes.
  • 08-08-2012
    lardo
    You caught the bug.

I recently dropped $2700 for the Motobecane FS 29er + upgrades. I'm already set on buying the Ti 29er. I'm gonna wait about a year. Can't indulge too much.

What's your budget at?
  • 08-09-2012
    bloodninja
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lardo View Post
    You caught the bug.

I recently dropped $2700 for the Motobecane FS 29er + upgrades. I'm already set on buying the Ti 29er. I'm gonna wait about a year. Can't indulge too much.

What's your budget at?

I guess my budget is $2500 tops.

I'm looking for a 26 BTW.
  • 09-05-2012
    Beard2011
    i will have a 2012 FS fantom comp ds for a year this october.
    i ride PA single track and rocky mountain areas.
    i havent had any issues other than having to replace fork spring from the stock to an extra firm.
    im 6ft 200 - 210lbs and im not specifically gentle on it.. the slx and xt have never dropped a chain.
    i scaled the bike at 30-31lbs depending what pedals and seat im using.

for another $400 u can get the elite DS.. upgrades u to XT/XTR and recon gold solo air along with everything else.. best deal in mind.. just couldnt afford it at the time.