FS 29'er seat tube design poll- Mtbr.com

Poll: Do you like the junction box or cuved seat post tube design?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Bushwacker

FS 29'er seat tube design poll

Let's tally up the votes. Do you like the junction box design or a more traditional curved seat tube?

Last edited by Starkonian; 09-23-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: photo
    When I'm not windsurfing, I'm mountain biking

Pimpmobile
    Mar 2010
    I'd like to see more pictures, but I'm OK with the box design if it works.
    "Fear not the ob-stackles in your path"

mtbr member
    Whatever option is going to be the best balance of light/strong/stiff without affecting the cost too adversely.
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Judging from the initial pictures, the funny looking junction looks to be a band-aid for accommodating the front derailleur, I would vote for a curved seat tube with a E-Type derailleur... or simply a 1X9.

Bryan d
    Just keep pedaling, don't stop pedaling.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Some pictures that show it more closely would help in the decision, not enough information to go on at this point.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Based upon the info at this point curved seat post tube. Junction box I don't have a problem with but would want more pictures, reviews and know how it holds up in the long term.

Short-Change-Hero
    I agree with the more pics up close, but I am more of a traditional look guy. If there are numbers to prove that it is: lighter, stiffer, more efficient, would love to see those too.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Being a Clyde i want What ever keeps the bottom bracket as stiff as possible, i also tend to be a utilitarian and go with function before bling. I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this bike.

S*it Happens!
    When I first seen the photo of this bike. I never gave much thought to the junction box. Iíve seen something similar on a yeti. It was the top tube and not the seat tube however, Iíve always found it interesting.

I guess, some might not like itÖbut, it does add a bit of uniqueness that helps it stand out from the other 29er FS on the market. Iím sure it will be a big seller no matter what.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like lifeÖthe trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I guess I would like to see more pics also but I don't think That would be a good business move on Mikes part. I'm sure other manufactures are looking closely at every move. My vote is for the more clean/traditional look of the curved tube. And NOT for the CNC open splice "thingy". Remember- Form follows function! "The principle is that the shape of a building or object should be primarily based upon its intended function or purpose".

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    I have really been debating this since the post came out. The junction box looks cobbled. I vote for the curved seat post.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    I acutally like the CNC deal. I think it looks different and out of the ordinary. Kind of like it when people ask me about my bike.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    It wouldn't deter me from buying it. If I'm buying a Moto (already own a 29ProSL), I'm more concerned with value and function.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

Members who have read this thread: 0