frame weight- Mtbr.com

Thread: frame weight

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

frame weight

Does anyone know the frame weight of the Fantom DS? Is it the same frame as the Team? After my last race through the rocks I'm considering the switch to fs.

DynoDon
    I have a Fantom Team, and a Fantom DS Comp, they sure look the same, I'm not sure about the weight, but I would think they're the same.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    The Fantom DS frames are all the same with the exception of the shock. I weighed a XL Fantom trail and it was about 7lbs. So the team may be a little lighter due to a lighter shock. But the Fantom DS is not a light XC frame by any measure.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks. I'll be riding a small. Do you think there's much weight difference? I'm 5'6" and 135lbs so I'm trying to keep it as light as I can afford.

Uncle

Late to reply, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by DCknife
    Thanks. I'll be riding a small. Do you think there's much weight difference? I'm 5'6" and 135lbs so I'm trying to keep it as light as I can afford.
    With a 220g air shock (Cane Creek Cloud Nine), the 16" (S) frame weighs ~6.6 lbs. The shock may have changed a bit, but the frame hasn't, so that should be spot on weight wise.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, I'm still looking for which frame to get. It will be mainly a xc race bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0