Fork length and Bar height- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Fork length and Bar height

I'm looking at several models - the 2010 Fantom HT Comp, the Gravity 29point3 and the Fantom 29pro - and my only concern is with fit.

As an aging rider I need to have the handlebars preferably a little above saddle height to avoid having to crane my neck to look forward. Plus, I really like to be able to see where the heck I'm going I rode a Raliegh Talus 29 at a local shop and loved the fit with the bars a good 1" above the saddle. Unfortunately but the bike was very pricey for the spec (Deore, Tektro Draco, Suntour Raidon for $999)

In general, does BD leave enough fork to get the bars up past saddle height? I know this depends on rider size but I wondering if there's a general consensus among owners. Are certain models better at this than others?

thanks

Kevin

DynoDon
    No one seems to be answering you, you have me confused, but thats nothing new.. maybe otherers are too.
    The first thing I set up is legs, feet to seat so to speak, then the bars, reach, width, height, I have riser bars on my bikes, and the stem rises some, my seats are level with my bars, I guess I could get a higher riser to get the bars up, I wouldn't lower the seat. good luck..

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    I guess I was rambling a bit. I'll try and clarify.

The simple version is, do the Moto's come with a decent amount of fork tube left above the head tube, or are they cut close to the top of the headtube? At my local LBS's I see some bikes with quite a bit of "room" left to play with, and others where the fork is cut so that the stem is clamped just above the headset.

Members who have read this thread: 0