Forced to buy a better bike!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Forced to buy a better bike!

I decided to pull the trigger on a moto ti 29er. I tried to buy the Fantom X9 that was $1699but it was sold out when I tried to checkout. My heart sank. But then I saw the 20 speed Fly Ti 29er with sram XO for $2099 went for it. I can't wait to get it together and hit the trails.

mtbr member
    Nice.

Kind of what happened to me at the beginning of the year. I wanted to buy a fantom but they were out of my size so I bought a Fly Pro. Happy that I did, too.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Yeah it was probably for the better. I like the lockout on the front fork and it has lighter wheels and better sram components. The 20 speed gearing will work me a bit at the start maybe. Although last time I went out with my tripple I did not drop down to the small ring up front anyway. My road bike, a Moto Ti Le Champ, has the compact double and I love it on that bike. Hopefully I like it on the mountainbike also.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    How is the Road bike I have a XTR 29er. Thinking about the road bike for some training.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazgul350r View Post
    How is the Road bike I have a XTR 29er. Thinking about the road bike for some training.
    The Ti Le Champ with sram Rival is a great bike. For $1600 I am not sure how you could go wrong. It is a blast to ride in every way. One thing I did have to do away with is the Mavic Aksium wheels. They are way to flexy for big riders in my opinion. If you weigh 140 or maybe 160 they might be fine but not 210. I sold the wheels for $150 after a few rides and for $220 bought a great set of solid DT 1.2's on Ultegra hubs training wheels. I am still getting it dialed in but I am close. Wheels, Specialized Toupe saddle, Speedplay zero pedals, some ti bottle cages and the thing is pretty much ready to ride.