Fly Ti 29er or Fantom Pro Ti 29er?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2008

Fly Ti 29er or Fantom Pro Ti 29er?

Should I buy now or wait for the Fantom Pro Ti 29er? I am not a racer. I already have a FS jump / AM bike. I am looking for a Ti hard tail 29er for long epics, comfortable, not more than 2' occasional drops.

I don't mind changing out controls on a new complete bike (handle bars, stem, etc). But it would be nice if there was an option to pay more and get slightly wider, say 28mm, UST rims (I want some cush on my hard tail) and a quick engagement rear hub. Also, on the Fantom Ti hard tail, it would be super sweet to get a Ti seatpost included. This along with a new wheelset are expensive upgrades.

Will the Fantom frame be built up a little beefier than the Fly Ti? I don't want to break a light weight race bike, although I only weigh 150lbs and am easy on bikes. Will the geo be the same on the Fantom?

So how about it Bikes Direct, should I buy now or wait?

By the way, the geometry looks perfect for me on the Fly. Short chainstays for a 29er, slightly slacked out HT, and long enough top tube so my feet won't hit the front wheel. My previous objections to 29ers are now gone. Good work.

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to buy something high end that I will regret.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    How do you know a Ti Pro is coming out?

Filippo

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I saw something on one of the other threads here.....could be pure speculation though.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm gonna give this thread a little bump.

Members who have read this thread: 0