Fly Team Titanium 29er ready for order!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2008

Fly Team Titanium 29er ready for order!

Just got the e-mail and ordered mine. $1795 pre-intro price, with $200 down order. Will ship by 7/1. When the are in stock this Summer, price goes to $1995.

There are some errors in the description - I have no idea in which direction. For example, it claims the crank is carbon, but the photos show different. Other things such as claiming 26" tires - looks like someone did a copy/paste of another description, so I don't know how it will come. I'd like to hear that it is coming with the carbon crank ....

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._TeamTI_29.htm

I've asked for clarification in the description. Will post when I hear back from BD.

Filippo

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I am considering ordering one. Did you find any more info out?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Ordered mine. Sucks I am getting charged sales tax since I live in Texas. Still a great price and based on description should be a great bike.

mtbr member
    This is the bike I really wanted when I ordered my Fly Ti...looks like I'll have to wait until after deployment though.

Interesting, the top tube lengths on the 29'er are much longer, an improvement in my book. The 21" Fly Ti has a 24.1" effective top tube while the 21" 29'er has a 25.3" effective top tube. Dunno if that has been mentioned in other threads yet or not, but that would definitely have sold me on it even if I hadn't been looking to try 29" wheels.

mtbr member

pre-order

I pre-ordered mine about a month or so ago but I havent heard anything regarding the earlier shipping prior to 7/1/09. Has anyone else. I cant wait. Is it coming with carbon forks or no?

mtbr member
    Whoa, it comes with an Ultegra cassette? On a 29er? Crazy.
    Still, for that price, it's not too hard to buy a proper cassette.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Anyone hear a more specific date? I asked a few weeks ago and they didn't know. Weather got nice on the East Coast ... want to ride more than the Bianchi road machine.

Filippo

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    July 1st is when they say the orders will ship after final payment.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Actually they are schedule to ship BY July 1 ... they can come any time before that ... hence my question.

Filippo

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I appreciate your optimism. I hope you are right and they ship befor 07/01/2009

mtbr member

Huh?

Filippo -
    I don't see any such contradictions in the description
    cranks is Afterburner by FSA, wheels and tires are 29er...

Which I had the coin for this bike but...have to keep saving

Quote Originally Posted by fmorelli
    Just got the e-mail and ordered mine. $1795 pre-intro price, with $200 down order. Will ship by 7/1. When the are in stock this Summer, price goes to $1995.

There are some errors in the description - I have no idea in which direction. For example, it claims the crank is carbon, but the photos show different. Other things such as claiming 26" tires - looks like someone did a copy/paste of another description, so I don't know how it will come. I'd like to hear that it is coming with the carbon crank ....

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._TeamTI_29.htm

I've asked for clarification in the description. Will post when I hear back from BD.

Filippo

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Yup ... my post was on February 26th. Your reply is 3 months later ... they fixed the web page. It use to have several discrepancies in the description.

Filippo

Quote Originally Posted by oldassracer
    Filippo -
    I don't see any such contradictions in the description
    cranks is Afterburner by FSA, wheels and tires are 29er...

Which I had the coin for this bike but...have to keep saving

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Do you know what the metal thing is coming off the head tube? Looks odd. Almost like the weld isn't enough to support the down tube so they added additional support. Then again, it looks like it's welded on too.

mtbr member
    That's called a gusset. A lot of bikes have those to reinforce the headtube. It's a good thing.
    Former bike mechanic; current idiot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato
    That's called a gusset. A lot of bikes have those to reinforce the headtube. It's a good thing.
    Thanks Nato.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nato_the_greato
    I would guess that compared with 26r they had to reconfigure the headtube area to get enough clearance for the fork crown.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    I would guess that compared with 26r they had to reconfigure the headtube area to get enough clearance for the fork crown.
    Thanks. May not matter anyway, as they are sold out of my size.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NRRider
    That was fast... I had some vogue desire to exchange my Fly Ti Team for the 29r. But can not find a real justification.. Would rather get a 3" FS 29r for longer rides..

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

New question here. What you talkin about Willis?

I am able to pre-order all the sizes via BD shopping cart.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by lostemple
    I am able to pre-order all the sizes via BD shopping cart.
    Add a 19" model to your cart and then hit the checkout button to see what happens.

mtbr member
    Do you know what the metal thing is coming off the head tube? Looks odd. Almost like the weld isn't enough to support the down tube so they added additional support. Then again, it looks like it's welded on too.

It's a Ti gusset/weld, you don't need as much weld as those found on aluminium.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Curmy
    That was fast... I had some vogue desire to exchange my Fly Ti Team for the 29r. But can not find a real justification.. Would rather get a 3" FS 29r for longer rides..
    You like FS 29er with Ti element? Go for Titus racer X 29. Though they cost 2 times more.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by spyglass
    You like FS 29er with Ti element? Go for Titus racer X 29. Though they cost 2 times more.
    I thought about ordering a custom front steel triangle with Ventana's rear.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    So did OP ever hear back about the carbon cranks or other changes or is the website correct on the Ti TEAM 29er?
    I really was hoping this bike came equipped like the Fly TEAM Ti bike such as the WCS bits instead of the Pro. Maybe thats why there's a price difference?
    Frankenstein doesn't scare me ...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ecrock45
    So did OP ever hear back about the carbon cranks or other changes or is the website correct on the Ti TEAM 29er?
    I really was hoping this bike came equipped like the Fly TEAM Ti bike such as the WCS bits instead of the Pro. Maybe thats why there's a price difference?
    I now regret a bit that I did not get the lower level components build, as I have ended up upgrading a whole lot of them - not too wasteful as they all ended up on my other bikes. Like I have sold K-light and got XTR, swapped seatpost to Masterpiece, etc. Price difference should allow for some targeted upgrades. Internet prices on Snimano stuff are not too bad.

Members who have read this thread: 0