FLY Team, Fantom Pro Ti, or wait for FLY Team Ti??- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2009

FLY Team, Fantom Pro Ti, or wait for FLY Team Ti??

I need a good xc bike for endurance racing and like the Fly Team comming in at sub 20 lbs but really like the FLY Team Ti but missed buying it. They may come out with more in a month or more.

Question: Should I wait for the Ti Team? or should I also consider the Fantom Pro Ti?

Need some suggestions please.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I know it is hard to be patient, but you should hold out for the Fly Ti if that is what you really want. No sense is spending a lot of money to settle on a bike that isn't your first choice. Buyers remorse sucks, especially on large purchases.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I know it is hard to be patient, but you should hold out for the Fly Ti if that is what you really want. No sense is spending a lot of money to settle on a bike that isn't your first choice. Buyers remorse sucks, especially on large purchases.

+1
    Frankenstein doesn't scare me ...

mtbr member
    I am convinced now that titanium is the only way to go on a hardtail. Just had raced my locally - and while the rider is way out of any shape, bike handled great, really enjoyed downhill. Very easy to ride, does not beat you up. Noticed another one there.

You should definitely wait for the titanium one IMHO.

Personally, if I was buying now, I would get the 29r. I am not sold on 29r wheels on a full suspension, but for a hardtail, I liked how it rolls. Maybe what you need for endurance racing.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions, I just finished an adventure race with al hartail in Moab but whished i had the Ti. I am tempted to just buy the Fantom pro Ti, its the same frame as the Fly.

I have never considered the 29 as an option. I am not small, a little out of shape so wanted something light as possible, but I will look into it.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

James

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I remember when I was twelve years old. My parents said I could have a Huffy for my birthday or I could wait and get a Schwinn for Christmas. I am almost 40 and to this day I wish I had waited and gotten the Schwinn.

I am waiting for my FLY 29" Ti patiently.

Feb 2009
    Here is a email I got back from BD about this same subject...

-----Original Message-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To: [email protected]
    Sent: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 2:22 pm
    Subject: FLY Team TI

Just wondering when 18" fly team ti will be available? And will the price remain the same? Also I noticed looking at the site the logo's on the bike are black and red, some older pictures show yellow, which is the current theme? Also, will the shock be an 09 Sid?

Hello,

We are expecting more Fly Team Ti bikes around the end of June. Please subscribe to our news letter for automatic updates on bikes arriving and specials. Send an email to [email protected]

With the rise in fuel cost, material cost, and the weak US $ we are looking at price increases industry wide, which unfortunately raise our prices.We are doing our best to bring Bikes Direct customers the best prices possible as we have been for over ten years.

The current graphic on the Fly Team Ti is Black/Red.

The Fly Team Ti comes equipped with a 2009 Rock Shox SID Race fork.

http://www.sram.com/en/rockshox/crosscountry/sid/#tab3

Thanks,
    ST

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sad part is the price increase... I am a new moto owner... and I really like my bike, Fly Pro, I think its an 06-07, I got it used from a like bike store employee, also his first bike...

I hope to have great conversations about this bike in the near future, its odd there are so many people looking at this section, yet there are so few post.... We need to work on that...

Hope this helps and look forward to talking and helping...

Members who have read this thread: 1