Fly Team 29er Ti Post Your Reviews!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Smile Fly Team 29er Ti Post Your Reviews!

To all Fly Team 29er Ti owners. Please post your review of the bike in the review section. It is a great resouce for those looking for user information prior to purchase. It is a great way to get the word out on what a great bike it is.

mtbr member
    uhm... who do you work for?
    why don't you post some pics ? where is your review?
    It is possible for rice to absorb other odors in storage. Or could be the quality of water in it was prepared. Mahatma Rice

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldassracer
    uhm... who do you work for?
    why don't you post some pics ? where is your review?
    might need to change your name to dumbassracer... he's posted his bike on several threads here. Who do YOU work for?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I DO NOT work for bikesdirect or Motobecane. I am just a happy customer who is enjoying my new Fly Team 29er Ti. I find the reviews on MTBR by users to be very informational and have influenced by buying decisions. It would be nice if other Motobecane owners posted their reviews here on MTBR.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersean
    might need to change your name to dumbassracer... he's posted his bike on several threads here. Who do YOU work for?
    dude- I just asked him for some pics and a review - lighten up

ennyhow- I searched for more posts from him and only found these very brief postings:

lostemple
    mtbr member

"Very happy with my Motobecane 29er Ti. You get exactly what you paid for and more. If you have to change a few things to make it perfect for you then do it. Either way you save a bundle by buying direct. I support my LBS with service and parts purchases. That is their real gravy anyway."
    Old 3 Weeks Ago #52
    lostemple
    mtbr member

Just rode my ti hard tail for the first time. I noticed an immediate pounding on my posterier compared to my FS. I don't know how you SS rigid guys do it. Props to you!
    It is possible for rice to absorb other odors in storage. Or could be the quality of water in it was prepared. Mahatma Rice

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supersean
    dude - you need to be banned for insulting other folks

Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by oldassracer
    dude - you need to be banned for insulting other folks
    I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt by my harmless play of words on an already controversial user handle. And how is claiming that someone is is a fraud masquerading for a specific vendor is not insulting?

mtbr member
    To the OP - please post your review and pics here or link to your review
    would love to read it

thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I bought one ... posted my stuff on the 29er forum. It's a XC bike, right? Anyway I use mine on fire roads, gravel roads, pave in place and light trails. The frame is stiff, the bike is very fast. I feel like it is working with me not against me. I've got about 50 miles on it, thus far. For $1800 I paid and the several hundred on parts i replaced, I feel it was a very good deal. The componentry is top notch ...

Now ... for all the naysayers that dive bomb the BD threads - this was my first BD purchase with money down. Lots of people came around whining. Of course I never had one and only knew from others what I might get. I can't be happier for what I paid. For all the folks that bit**ed and complained about quality, lack of comparison, you don't ride it before you buy it, whine whine bit*h bi*ch moan moan ... I got a kick butt bike for a lot less than what it would have cost elsewhere. And now that it is in my hot little hands with several rides under my belt I can officially tell the whiners that they are completely full of crap. Oh and if you're wondering if I work for BD, get off your lazy butt and google my name - about 10 seconds you'll find out I don't and with a bit more digging will conclude that they couldn't afford me if they wanted me to work for them.

Here are photos of the bike as set up: http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=400978

Thanks to Mike for putting this bike together. Keep it up. I've already sent two more customers your way.

Filippo

newfydog
    May 2009
    I assembled one yesterday and did a short ride. This is a very light weight bike, with good components and welding

I was surprised how responsive it is. It must have a steep head angle as it was very quick, actually twitchy. My Fischer Paragon is like a mushy luxury car compared to this sporty rig.

Nice bike. Unbelievable price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Thank you supersean for pointing out oldassracers negetive attitude.

Oldassracer, as you quickly looked up my past posts you should be able to look in the MTBR bike review section and find my five flaming chili review.

Fmorelli, nice pics and I can see why the upgrades cost you a couple hundred. You added quite a lot of carbon. You made a light bike even lighter!

Newfydog, how did you get the Fly Team 29 Ti so late? I thought they were all sold out. Either way congratulations!

My rides have been much more aggressive. Lots of rocks, ledges going up and ledges going down. Since getting the bike I have come home after each ride with bruises and scrapes. The bike has performed very well and I have no complaints. I have ordered a WTB Speed V saddle and IRD Fire XCPro 29er folding tires. The saddle to help my butt and the tires because of all the loose dry dirt here in Austin. Next I need to get a bash guard to replace my big ring and a new 9spd MTB cassette.

Mike from BD has mentioned a full suspension Fly Team 29 Ti. I have already started saving for it.

newfydog
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lostemple

Newfydog, how did you get the Fly Team 29 Ti so late? I thought they were all sold out. Either way congratulations!

A friend bought it just after the shipment arrived. He wrote them and picked up one which was reserved by someone who didn't pay his balance.

That was a few weeks ago. He's been off on a bike trip in Canada, so we just put it together this week.

Easy assembly if you know how to align a disc brake.

Members who have read this thread: 0