Fly Team 29 Handling?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Fly Team 29 Handling?

The slack head angle is modeled after the Fisher frames but built with a 100mm fork instead of the 80 and without the G2 offset. How would the handling be described?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    When compared to my 8 year old GT 26er it is only slightly less agile. I only have issues on one of the corners at the local trail, but if I took a better line it wouldn't be noticed.

Trail Ninja
    I assume you've read through these reviews: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/29er/m...2_1548crx.aspx

HA would be slacker, if the 100mm fork affected the geometry, which would contribute to the reviews saying that it's less twitchy and more stable and more confidence inspiring on downhills.

Regarding the agile feel, I believe that "short" chainstays contribute to that feeling. The slightly poorer cornering can be contributed to the longer wheelbase compared to 26er. Tires, tire pressure, center of gravity, wheel/frame stiffness also play a role in cornering.

From what I've read, I'm sold on getting one. I'm just waiting for a Ti XT/X7 version with a decent fork and wheels.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Varaxis
    I assume you've read through these reviews: http://www.mtbr.com/cat/bikes/29er/m...2_1548crx.aspx

HA would be slacker, if the 100mm fork affected the geometry, which would contribute to the reviews saying that it's less twitchy and more stable and more confidence inspiring on downhills.

Regarding the agile feel, I believe that "short" chainstays contribute to that feeling. The slightly poorer cornering can be contributed to the longer wheelbase compared to 26er. Tires, tire pressure, center of gravity, wheel/frame stiffness also play a role in cornering.

From what I've read, I'm sold on getting one. I'm just waiting for a Ti XT/X7 version with a decent fork and wheels.
    You may have to wait a while on that one. I just inquired about that and they said that they have no plans to do so. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but it's not on the drawing board. I got the phantom 29 pro sl instead.

Members who have read this thread: 0