FLY Team 29 Experience- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

FLY Team 29 Experience

Ordered the FLY Team 29 on Monday afternoon, it was delivered today (Thursday). It took me about an hour to assemble it and check it out. I'll hit the trail tomorrow and do all my adjustments. It weighs exactly 24 with all the stock items and speedplay frogs.

Got The Life
    May 2010
    What size frame ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Glory
    What size frame ?
    it's a 17.5

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    during my first test ride i quickly realized there was a problem with the fork (reba race), i was stacking pretty bad. i tried to all the quick adjustment fixes but nothing worked it out.

i took a couple pictures of the problem and sent an email to BD about the what was going on. i also took it to an LBS to qet a quote on repairing it, but i wasn't in any hurry and thought i should see what BD would do.

BD responded to every email around noon the following day. after a couple exchanges, they sent me a new (slightly better) fork and included a prepaid return shipping invoice for my original fork. took less than two weeks.

i am satisfied with how BD handled everything, i got no hassles and timely responses.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    that's good to know since I just submitted my order for one of the remaining 29 ti's 5 minutes ago. Was thinking of the 26" ti's but, well, out of stock in my size so I'm joining the 29r club.

Been vacillating on pulling the trigger for a couple months but couldn't take it anymore when the chain on my old trek popped off and down I went last night. Of course, it had to happen in front of a pack of hard core runners (women, of course) and another biker...

I'll post pix of when I fall on the ti 29

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    I just pulled the trigger on a Fly Ti too - ordered Sunday night, and got her yesterday. Everything looks to be working well on mine, and I'll get to provide a ride report soon. Just fartin' around in the neighborhood, and I have to say this thing feels LIVELY! The frame feels like it wants to jump forward like a greyhound or something - which surprised me, even thought it shouldn't have. This is going to be a very fun bike to ride.

As soon as I get a few rides, I'll add a ride report. (btw, I'm coming off of a Trek carbon HT, and a Kona King FS - stolen R.I.P.)

Members who have read this thread: 0