Finished ordering parts for Fantom Pro DS...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Finished ordering parts for Fantom Pro DS...

I have $1770 into the bike right now for a Fantom Pro DS that I got off eBay in like new condition without any cable rub or anything. Then I upgraded the bars, stem, cranks, pedals, seat post, saddle, tires, grip, added a bottle cage and a computer. Here are the upgrades that I got and pictures will follow later when they all get in...

bars - Ritchey WCS in gloss white to reduce weight and match better

stem - Thomson X4 90mm x10 degree rise to make the bike a bit quicker handling

cranks - Race Face Deus with X-type bb to reduce weight, increase stiffness, improve shifts

pedals - XTR M970 to keep weight down and keep with the XTR stuff

seat post - Crank Brothers Joplin adjustable with remote lever to make the bike more usable without interrupting riding for steep ascents or descents and without having to remove your hands from the bars

saddle - Selle Italia Max Flite Gel Flow to loose weight, increase comfort and match better

tires - Panaracer Fire XC Pro in 166 tpi with red side walls just cause I like them the best

grips - Lizard Skins Peaty lock on with red clamps for better feel, grip, and control

added a bottle cage and a computer.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Pics?
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    As of now all that has come in are the cranks, tires, grips, bottle cage, and I haven't installed the computer yet. I should get the seat post on the 14th, and the saddle on the 15th. The rest I don't know when will be in. But whenever it is all in there will be some pics for you.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Well I finally got in all the parts excluding the Thomson X4 stem and XTR pedals but it should give a rough idea of how it looks before I go out and beat the tar out of it on the trails...

No-Brakes Cougar
    NICE. Now get that thing dirty!
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It will be thunder-storming through tomorrow so Friday will be the first day out on it after the upgrading. I am taking two other folks out too that haven't ever been so I may be getting a couple new riding buddies out of its post-upgraded maiden voyage as well. I am really looking forward to it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    It is now finally complete with pedals and the new stem minus some mud on the tires...

Members who have read this thread: 0