Finally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2017

Finally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet

It's been a long wait but finally I can get a new bike. While I was waiting I really changed my mind a lot. Originally I was trying to decide between a HAL6 Pro in dark silver or a mat black boost team12.

I was also looking into bikes for my kids to race xc and stumbled onto the moto titanium bikes. I have a problem. I can't resist the urge to cuddle with any random piece of titanium I can get my hands on. I just like the stuff. And then I got interested in bike packing and fat bikes.

Well that had me torn between a Fantom ti team 12 boost 29 and the NightTrain bullet. Well by the time I got my money together they sold out of the boost 29 so I went with the fatty. I got the Sram 2x11 and I'm probably going to throw an E13 9-46 on the back to give me monster low end and I good top end. Also probably going to swap in a 40mm stem stem 50mm+ rise and sweep bars for that all day upright position. My neck starts to get stiff if I have to crane it to much to see where I'm going.

I would love to find some titanium racks for the front and back. Probably too expensive though. But that would be sweet though. Just got both my kids race bikes this week too so we can enjoy riding together again.

My bullet is supposed to to here Saturday so I will post up some pics soon.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Bike came late this morning and I mounted the front break rotor, caliper, and bars in about half an hour. Took her out for a few laps around the block. I got zero sleep last night and I have not been riding much all summer. Mostly triple digits heat and just busy with other studf, so my fitness is not great. I was able to pedal hills moderate hills just fine. I checked tire pressure after after it was 13 front 10 rear and didn't seem overly bouncy. On ruts an bumps It's not a huge difference from my FS but I haven't jumped her yet. The shipping label said 30 pounds and I think it's pretty close because the bike does not feel heavy at all for having tractor tires. I weld and I'm impressed. The welds are small and smooth with uniform beads. Very sexy welds! The front end doesn't feel like a bowling ball and I think I will be able to wheelie and manual this bike soon. It's definitely a diferent kind of ride with those balloon tires but I like it. I won't get to ride much till later next week or even the weekend and it's killing me. I love th bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'm ready to see some pics!

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dstedman View Post
    Me too. My phone took a hit and the cam lense got toasted so I have to actually dig up a legitimate non phone camera. I'm digging the 2x11 setup. I was afraid it wouldn't have enough on the bottom or top but I so far I'm OK in my hilly neighborhood. It's a frikin tractor so when you don't build speed before a hill you can build speed up the hill if your legs are up to it. Traction to the moon and back makes everything feel easier and I like it.

Kids in the neighborhood can wheelie the crap out of it and everyone's blown away when they pick it up and feel the lack of weight. Box said 30 pounds. I will ride to the bike shop sometime and get a real weight.

I have so far been able to get stay in the big chain ring except for this one 20% hill at the end of my block and that's staying in the saddle and I'm not in shape. I think after a couple weeks if I keep at it I can forget about the 24T. I still want an E13 9/46 because I want to do long rides over all terrain and bike packing.

I have a dropper on the spare bike and will probably steal it. My kids both ride cross country and it's a FS 5 inch travel bike that's a little big for them. It's a stance I bought to get a us by till I could afford the bike I wanted at the time. I'm glad I had to wait because I think I'm gonna be happier on this bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dstedman View Post
    Sorry it took me so long.

Finally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet-titaniumskyline.jpg
    Finally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet-tataniumstream.jpgFinally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet-snobikingwanalee.jpgFinally pulled the trigger. 2018 Titanium NightTrain Bullet-watercanyonfatbike.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Delete

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    So how is it? You love it? Looks amazing!!!