Finally got a Fantom Pro Ti- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Finally got a Fantom Pro Ti

I was afraid I would have to wait for a while to get this bike because when I tried to purchase the 14" two weeks ago the bike were sold out. I'm in between sizes and people here convince me to try out the 14" because the 16" were already sold out at that time. So, I kept checking the BD site constantly for availability and the 16" became available a week ago. Pulled out the credit card and purchase it, check the site again the next day and it was sold out again. Do these bike sell fast or what?

Anyway, the assembly was straight forward and easy. I could have done it in 30 minutes but I took my time and went through the whole bike to make sure every thing was snug and tight. The bike came with Elixir CR instead of the Juicy 7 but I think this is old news. The only problem I had was the washers for the front caliper bolts. Didn't know they had to go in an order. Trued the brakes according to the manual, adjust the seat post and handle bar, put air in the fork and took it for a ride yesterday.

The bike is a blast and the 16" fits me very well. I'm not big so the the handle bar is not too short. No brake rub or brake noise encountered and everything works. Did I say that the bike is beautiful, see for yourself.

http://b04-f02.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://b04-f02.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://b04-f03.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://b04-f01.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

http://b04-f01.mypicturetown.com:80/...item.JPG?rot=1

DynoDon

Nice!! Congrats!!!

I'm on the edge of my seat wait for my Moto Fantom Team, I've got some parts and tools waiting, I got 2.25 Fat Alberts, Oury Grips, some shimano pedals, a computer and some extra hold downs for the hoses and cables, I don't want the new bike to get scratched up from the cables like the Moto Fantom Comp I have did..
    Well Congradulations again and Happy Trails to you!!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Good job on snagging one of these before they sold out. Its a very nice bike, and it is amazing the price they can sell these things for. Its no wonder they can't keep them in stock.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    manabiker,
    Thanks and good luck on your build.

ljsmith,
    Yeah, I think I got lucky. Took me a while to come up with the fund but I finally got it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by DGonzales
    I was afraid I would have to wait for a while to get this bike because when I tried to purchase the 14" two weeks ago the bike were sold out. I'm in between sizes and people here convince me to try out the 14" because the 16" were already sold out at that time. So, I kept checking the BD site constantly for availability
    I thought the 16" sold out more than a month ago?

Are you saying that they periodically get more in and the "sold out" drop down goes away, or you called them, or "?"

/ btw - how tall are you/what's your inseam? I'm "in between" too I think, 5'6"-7", 31", usually find whatever a manufacturer calls "14"/small too small, but there's some really long "next size up" geometry

AZ
    banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubens Hakkamacher
    I thought the 16" sold out more than a month ago?

Are you saying that they periodically get more in and the "sold out" drop down goes away, or you called them, or "?"

/ btw - how tall are you/what's your inseam? I'm "in between" too I think, 5'6"-7", 31", usually find whatever a manufacturer calls "14"/small too small, but there's some really long "next size up" geometry

It's a crap shoot , at checkout it will let you know if it is stock .

S*it Happens!
    Congrats!

You got yourself an awesome new toy.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Thanks Moto.

Rubens,
    The 16" were sold out but I got lucky because the 16" became available for that one day, the following day it was sold out again. I'm about 5'5 1/2" and my inseam is 30 but do fit 29 on some of my pants. I have a small Scott Aspect and I use that bikes measurements to get me the closest size for the Fantom Pro. I could have gotten the 14" but fate got me the 16". The Fantom Pro fits me better than the Scott and the Fantom Pro is also a lot lighter.
    Last edited by DGonzales; 08-26-2010 at 12:59 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Thanks for the reply, I guess it's just bad timing - I don't really have the money now and they appear to be sold out. It was pushing it for me to try to get to the price range, anyhow. Oh well.

Members who have read this thread: 0