The Fantom Trail DS?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

The Fantom Trail DS?

I've almost made up my mind to go with the 700HT for $495.00 shipped from Ebay. I really wanted a decent DS though, but have taken the advice in the beginner's forum and passed on the 700DS that I was going to get, as my budget just won't cut the mustard for DS. I just now noticed the Fantom Trail DS for $800.00 though, and I'm a bit confused by it. I realize it's no Fantom DS Comp (the bike I REALLY want but can't spend that much on), but I wonder how much better it is than the 400-700DS line.

I see the same crappy KS Axis coilover that the 700DS uses, but I'm assuming this bike with it's greater suspension travel might work out ok for me. In the future I assume I could replace the coil shock with a decent air shock when I can. Honestly my budget when I started looking for a new bike was $300, then $500, then $600, and now of course I'm looking at an $800 bike! I must be crazy.

DynoDon
    Your getting smarter, its best to buy the best bike you can afford, its much cheaper than upgrading, it sounds like your not going to be happy with whatever bike you get, ride what you get for now, save for your next bike, park the old bike in the corner for a loaner/back up and get the bike you want when you can afford it. Good Luck

Members who have read this thread: 0