Fantom PRO DS 2010 vs 2011: $200 difference?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Fantom PRO DS 2010 vs 2011: $200 difference?

I have a check in my wallet to pay for my stolen bike. I'm contemplating the Fantom Pro DS... is the 2011 version worth the $200 difference?

SI3
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Same question for me as well... Anyone?

DynoDon
    Looking at the specs, there are a few differences, of course the shifters 30 sp/27 sp, brakes, forks, they both look like great bikes though, its a tough choice, I'd take the 2010 and spend the $200 on seat, tires, grips, peddles, cables, wider bars, but then thats me, I dont' think you would be disappointed with either bike. I have a Fantom Team 2010

SI3
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by manabiker
    Looking at the specs, there are a few differences, of course the shifters 30 sp/27 sp, brakes, forks, they both look like great bikes though, its a tough choice, I'd take the 2010 and spend the $200 on seat, tires, grips, peddles, cables, wider bars, but then thats me, I dont' think you would be disappointed with either bike. I have a Fantom Team 2010
    That's exactly what I was thinking! I guess I was just wondering if the this new Dyna-sys XTR system was greatly different from the old XTR system other that the 30/27 speed difference? And I also assuming the shocks aren't too different as well?

2010 Fantom Pro DS Link
    2011 Fantom Pro DS Link

Mtbr Forum Sponsor
    This is a hard pick; I can tell you that both work great BUT new DynaSys 10-speed stuff is way more expensive. Our cost on all bikes went up a ton due to currency, oil, etc -- however 10-speed Shimano MTB stuff really is much higher in price than same level in 9-speed

thanks for comparing

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Thanks Mike!

Members who have read this thread: 0