Fantom Pro 29er- Mtbr.com

Thread: Fantom Pro 29er

Apr 2009

Fantom Pro 29er

I'm just about ready to hit the order button on this bike. I can't decide though between the 19" or the 21". I'm 6'3", 200 lbs, inseam is 34.5". Any input?
    Last edited by cementum; 04-13-2009 at 09:51 PM.

mtbr member
    Pics...too boring without any as well as any other details too.

Apr 2009
    I would say get the 21"

mtbr member
    Interesting... but that's a weird looking XT Rear Derailleur. What year is that? Nevertheless, this a good bang for buck. Just hit the button already!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'm 6' with a 31-32" inseam and I got the 17". It's plenty big for me. I actually think a 16 would be perfect for me. But I'm a long torso, short limbed six footer. If you're more of the "spidery" build, YMMV.

Where are you? Maybe someone could let you try one on.

Apr 2009
    I live in Austin Texas. I was leaning towards the 21" so that my seat can be high enough.

May 2009
    i am same height and inseam 6'3 190 pounds. i have been looking at this exact bike at BD. its a bummer i cant try out one of these but i have tried 29ers at the LBS and i feel like a 19 incher is too cramped for me. i do have long legs and arms so probably ride like im 6'4 or 6'5. i tried some gary fisher 29ers and felt the 21inch to much more comfortable. but every frame ride a little diff, im gonna go for the 21 over the 19 and hope it works out, ill let ya know when i get it.

Apr 2009
    I got the Windsor Cliff 29r Team in the 21 and it's perfect. I still got it at bikesdirect, but after talking with people decided to spend a little bit more for a lot better components, and I am glad I did. The Reba shocks are great and so is everything else.

mtbr member
    I'm 6-4 and 250 and bought the 19" Fantom - sorry, I'm a 35 inseam. The 19 fits me fine with the seatpost almost maxed out. I often wonder if I'd been better off with the 21". I think you'd be fine with either one, but if you're on the clyde-side you might lean toward the 21" just to minimize seatpost extension. Just my $0.02. BTW - I love the bike, but the handlebars feel narrow to me so that may be my next upgrade - been looking at the groovy luv handles.

May 2009
    looks like i forgot to update my comment on the size a while back...
    anyhow, i went with the 21 inch and im glad i did. i also purchased an extra long seatpost and 110mm 10 degree rise stem. like i said im a very lanky 6'3, and my new stem is longer and flatter than the stock and i feel great on the bike, its perfect for XC riding.
    that bad thing is that i get these crazy urges to go down technical trails with small jumps an 2 foot drops. i dont think this bike likes it too much and i always end up with a sore back and knees.http://forums.mtbr.com/images/smilies/biggrin.g the 29er isnt great for all mountain riding, but better suited to climbing, xc rides and bumpy trails

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I received my 21inch moto fantom pro 29er last week, replacing my old trek 8000, Its great went over all of the obstacles that gave me problems like butter! I have noticed that I went wide on a few turns but I think that will go away once I get used to the 29s. I was going to get a cannandale but I would have had to replace the fork dart3 immediately (Iím 6'3 265). I may end up replacing the handle bars but everything else is great.

Members who have read this thread: 0