Fantom DS Comp Discount???- Mtbr.com
    HTFU!

Fantom DS Comp Discount???

I am now looking to purchase a bike for my wife after being very happy with not only my Fantom Team, but also the customer support I have received over the last year. I noticed that the Fantom DS Elite has been discounted a couple hundred dollars, I am assuming because there is only one size left (Large). I also noticed that the Fantom Comp only has one size left (Small) but there is no additional discount. As I would be purchasing a Small, this interests me very much. Is my thinking wrong or are there other reasons why one bike would be discounted with limited quantities but another would not. Obviously I am just trying to get the best deal possible and thought the bike is a good deal as-is, no one wants to buy something and then see it $200 less the next day. I have considered the the DS Trail, but like the components on the other bikes, and my wife is a "mountain biker" so she will be riding single track trails and deserves a good bike.

Any thoughts?
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    If I had to guess I would think it is one of the following reasons.

1. There is more margin on the higher end bikes, so they can be discounted more and still give a decent profit.

2. A size large is harder to sell than a size small.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I did email Mike at BD recently inquiring about more Fantoms, and he indicated that he'll be getting more stock at the beginning of summer, so those sale prices may not be permanent.

Members who have read this thread: 0