Fantom Comp HT, 2005 and now- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Fantom Comp HT, 2005 and now

I've been mulling over changing the fork on my 2005 from the RS Pilot XC with 80mm travel to something a bit longer. I see that the current model has the RS Tora with U-turn, which would be the most likely replacement for my current fork.
    I ride primarily in Florida (sand, roots, sand, mud, and sand) and often go to NC (Hardpack, rocks, roots and elevation changes).

Has the frame geometry changed to take advantage of the much longer travel fork? What should I expect? Am I going to really screw things up? Why did they change to a 1.5" riser over the 5* sweep flat bar?

Thanks to all who weigh in.

-Lule
    Last edited by Lule; 06-17-2009 at 04:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Wrong place for this?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It is a hard question to answer. Motobecane hasn't updated their website in quite a few years now. And bikesdirect never updates their geometry charts, they just say "add 0.5 inches of standover" or something like that. If I had to guess they are still using the same frame and the geometry is identical.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Thanks for the reply.

I too suspect there have not been any changes in the frame in the past four years.

We have a Moto dealer here in Jacksonville where I purchased my ride, so i'll probably head over there the next couple of days and grill them about it.

-Lule

Members who have read this thread: 0