Fantom 29er ProSL hubs?- Mtbr.com
    Loser

Fantom 29er ProSL hubs?

I was looking through the reviews here for the Fantom 29er Pro SL and noticed that a few people mentioned the hubs being a weak point. Has anyone had issues with the hubs? Especially anyone who has serious miles on them.

I haven't even looked at them to know if they are sealed bearings or not. Just wondering if I should start saving for new wheels for my wife - she wouldn't be happy if her fantom was out of commission.

John

mtbr member
    Is your wife a clydesdale? The hubs are decent. I have 2 friends that have a few hundred mile each on their wheels and they are ok. They are 200lbs or less though.

In Transit
    Nov 2009
    I've got about 150 miles on mine, no problems to report @ 205 lbs, just had to get used to the ripping sound from the rear hub while coasting. Having ridden only Shimano XT hubs before, I thought something was caught in the stays and rubbing against the wheels.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm 230lbs, what symptoms would I hear/see when I start to have problems on mine?

Loser

Let me ask her...

Quote Originally Posted by Adim_X
    Is your wife a clydesdale?
    (returns with a black eye)
    Nope, she's not a clydesdale.

My wife is 120lbs soaking wet, normally her bike parts last FOREVER. One less thing to worry about I guess...

John

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jisch
    (returns with a black eye)
    Nope, she's not a clydesdale.

My wife is 120lbs soaking wet, normally her bike parts last FOREVER. One less thing to worry about I guess...

John

Haha! Just askin... You guys shouldn't have any issues with the wheels. If your really worried you could have them trued and tensioned when you receive them. So far I have seen 3 sets that were good.

Members who have read this thread: 0