Dawes Roundhouse 2200 or 2500?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Dawes Roundhouse 2200 or 2500?

Anyone have either one? Just noticed them today on the BD site.I have my Fantom Pro SL and am looking for a FS for my son so we can ride.I want something cheap in case he gets tired of it....teenagers! Anyone?

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/rh_22.htm
    http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/dawes/rh_25.htm

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    I'll be taking mine (2500) out tomorrow for its virgin ride. I'll let you know when I know.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Yeah, let me know.What size did you get.If wouldnt mind,what is the standover and TT lenght and the approximate weight?I figured that BD doesn't have that info yet otherwise they would have posted it.Dawes USA is worthless.I emailed them a bunch of times lookinf for the info and they NEVER responded.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Truthfully I haven't checked any of this yet (sorry) because the weather has rained on me every afternoon I want to ride since I got it. I have still ridin twice but I rode and put it away to get back to working. I will get those for you soon.

Slim

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Well....finially got a response from Dawes.They said to go to the BD website for the sizing and specs.Took 3 weeks and several emails before they responded. I even contacted BD and they got back to me the very next day but they were also waiting for the geometry specs from Dawes.I replied to Dawes email stating that I was aware of the specs on the BD website and the sm/med/lg sizing.Said that having the geometry specs,since that is what I emailed them for in the first place,would help those that don't fit into the sm/med/lg sizes.Having TT and standover lenghts as well as the other geometry specs would be better to help someone select a bike and to also use as a reference when comparing other bikes.I said ALL other bike companies have the geometry specs available for the bikes that they sell.
    I find it hard to believe that they don't have the geometry specs available since the bike IS in production and is for sale at BD.This last email I sent last week so lets see how long it takes.At this point because of the piss poor customer service from Dawes I will be going to a LBS to get my son a bike (sorry BD).Still love my Fantom PRO 29 SL

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thinking about Roundhouse 2200 for a friend's son. It seems like reasonable spec components for the price and the lockout front and rear is a feature not eleswhere at this price point.

72 Blazer - Did you get it? If 'yes', what is you opinion?

Slimguns - what do you think of yours after a few months?

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    [QUOTE=Ulairi]. 72 Blazer - Did you get it? If 'yes', what is you opinion?QUOTE]
    Nope..never got it.I had emailed Dawes USA several times about geometry and weight.They couldn't give me answer.Same with BD.BD was waiting for the specs also.
    The way DawesUSA handled and answered my emails made me look elsewhere.Its been 2 months since my last email to them and they haven't responded.If they can't respond and answer simple questions then I don't want to buy one of their bikes and maybe have a problem with it and then get the run around from them.I know BD would take care of the warranty but I don't want to chance it.A lot can be said about a company by the way they handle their customer service.
    I ended up going to my LBS and got my son a Felt Q620.Great bike for the price.He LOVES it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You need to understand that "Dawes USA" is a fictitious company. Just as Motobecane and Windsor are. BD simply bought the rights to use the names of these out of business bike companies. They are just names used by bikesdirect to market their bikes. So when you say you e-mailed them, it really isn't any different than e-mail BD.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Fictitious or not there is a DawesUSA web site with contact info.Whether it was at a DawesUSA place of business or a BD email address disguised as Dawes there should be someone who knows the geomerty of these bikes.The lenght of time it took for DawesUSA to respond(over 3 weeks) leads me to believe that is not BD as BD said they were waiting on the same info from Dawes.Plus BD has alway responded to my emails within 24hrs.How can a company build and sell a bike without knowing the qeometry spec? If BD is having these bikes built and then putting a Dawes sticker on them then you would think that BD would have the info available.
    Anyways,no one would or could answer my questions at Dawes or BD so I went else where.The bike was for my 14yr old son who has long arms so I needed the TT and stand over measurements,not just the sm fits....,med fits........ lg fits..... measurements.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulairi
    Thinking about Roundhouse 2200 for a friend's son. It seems like reasonable spec components for the price and the lockout front and rear is a feature not eleswhere at this price point.

Slimguns - what do you think of yours after a few months?
    I am not a pro XC racer but I like it for the price. I've run on everything from pavement to hard XC gravity trials (too light to call DH but the experience led to my DH bike purchase) with no issues that weren't caused by user error. I would have used it with its current specs but I found some REALLY good deals on softer suspension so I went for it. Other than that, I'm satisfied.

Almost forgot, it is a little older design in terms of suspension but its also sturdy. For the price, I'd do again.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Do you still like the Dawes Roundhouse 2500 Full Suspension ?? I really want a FS bike..

mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Long story short....

After months of playing with it, it's a good/sturdy frame. I have replaced the headset, fork, handlebar, grips, brakes, tires, tubes, and rear shock. Thinking about switching the wheels too.

Long story short, save a little more, buy last years model of what you really want at discount. Wish I would've applied what I know and believe about firearms to bikes.

Members who have read this thread: 0