Clydsdale on a 22" Fly Team Ti VS. Ti 29er 21"- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Clydsdale on a 22" Fly Team Ti VS. Ti 29er 21"

Well folks its my first post, I'm in the market for a new toy and have to admit I'm a bit of a weight weenie being a road bike crossover artist. I want to spend a decent amount of money on a bike that will be versitile and wont need to be replaced next year. I have been using my Giant TCX cyclocross bike to hit the local trails here in Savannah ( Which is very flat) and am having a great time even though I know I am not properlly equiped. I want a new XC mountain bike that I can eventually be competitive on. I would like to be able to use it for adventure raceing and possibly riding in the north ga mountains but mostly local trail riding. I am still going back and forth on the full suspension/hardtail but my budget is around $2000 and Im not sure how great I can do in the FS bikes for that price. Any ideas on a FS under 22 lbs for that price? Probably not, anyhow let me know your thoughts on the bikes mentioned above for a guy who is almost 6'6 and 225lbs. . Thanks for your help.

Regards,

The Newbie.

AZ
    banned
    I would have to say that for someone of your stature a 22 inch frame would be more appropriate .

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    I have heard people say that a guy over 220 lbs should not be riding a bike that is that light weight... any thoughts on durability factors of a lightweight bike for me?

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I'd try to decide on a 29er vs a 26er before you go any further. Get on one of each if you can.

I'm around the same height and there's no way I'll ride a 22" 26 inch bike again. 29" wheels just feel proportional for a lot of tall guys.

Members who have read this thread: 0