A place where geeks can feel as if
    there is something in their nut-sack!

BTW, f88me is now Enduro free...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Both the 700HL and the 29Pro SL that we have said Taiwan

DynoDon

Label said Made in Taiwan

My bike had a sticker on the front that said, Made in Taiwan, that dont' mean the frame was made there just the bike..I would think...

Mr. Gecko
    Has anyone considered that the shop in chain does most of the work and then the
    Taiwan company does the rest?

Oh well, I'm just one of them people that doesn't trust Asian business in general.
    f88me

S*it Happens!
    I remember reading, and it is in one of these threads here in this forum, that all of Motobecane frames are made in Taiwan. However, my old Fantom also had a sticker that said” Made in Taiwan” and so did the box it came in.

Now, with Taiwan in Chinas hands and the British long gone….I would think that it’s one in the same now. China, is a manufacturing power house and not everything they make now of days can be considered junk…that’s old school thinking. It was with good reason...but, that was then, this is now.

Everything electronic comes from china… Not just the stuff at Wal-Mart. Look for yourselves, from your plasma flat screens, your bluray players and cell phones. Notice that they work and work well. These are highly complicated and use a multitude of parts.

I think they can handle making a bicycle frame.
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 08-14-2010 at 08:45 PM.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NVIbex
    Has anyone considered that the shop in chain does most of the work and then the
    Taiwan company does the rest?

Oh well, I'm just one of them people that doesn't trust Asian business in general.
    WTF is the point of this thread? Are you here to talk ***** or troll? You don't trust Asian business, wth. I sit here reading this just wandering wtf your angle is.
    Last edited by Adim_X; 08-15-2010 at 08:13 AM.

S*it Happens!
    Just so people realize...

"Brands manufactured by Kinesis include Diamondback, Felt Bicycles, GT Bicycles, Schwinn, Jamis, K2, Raleigh, Trek, and Kona — as well as the brands marketed by the U.S. company Bikesdirect.com: Motobecane USA"

Info From Wikipedia.

This has also been posted in one of these threads..."If Motobecane's frames are no good, then they're all no good." well, i think the quote is correct or close enough anyway.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

Mr. Gecko
    Moto Rider,

Thank you for your response.

I've been thinking about getting the FLY PRO and selling off the components..
    I'm a SRAM fan and a 2x10 would be the cats meow on that lightweight frameset.

Glad I could get you to think. I hope it didn't hurt to much.
    f88me

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    Now, with Taiwan in Chinas hands and the British long gone….I would think that it’s one in the same now.
    You're thinking of Hong Kong.

If memory serves me Taiwan passed some sort of Bill or law that made 'Taiwan' their official name.
    Mike
    2011 Moto Fly Pro

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am no expert. But from what I have heard, both Tiawan and China have excellent manufacturing capabilities. In many ways far superior to America. But Taiwan is generally considered to have better quality control than China, or at least they are more interested in quality that China. So in general I give it to Taiwan. But I have heard that China has much better capabilities and experience with carbon fiber.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

S*it Happens!
    Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaLL6
    You're thinking of Hong Kong.

If memory serves me Taiwan passed some sort of Bill or law that made 'Taiwan' their official name.
    I stand corrected…you are absolutely right.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I am no expert. But from what I have heard, both Tiawan and China have excellent manufacturing capabilities. In many ways far superior to America.
    This is a sad truth, as a proud American, I find it sad we don’t produce much anymore. If you do find something made here, you are paying out the ass for it.

Always sad to see an American company fall…overseas manufactures are supported by their governments. Here, the banks are supported by the government and take any opportunity on someone’s misfortune in order to make a quick buck.

Sorry for my rant.
    Last edited by Moto Rider; 08-16-2010 at 09:07 AM.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Moto Rider
    I
    This is a sad truth, as a proud American, I find it sad we don’t produce much anymore. If you do find something made here, you are paying out the ass for it.

]
    I don't want to turn this into a political discussion or anything. But why would any company want to build stuff here? Labor costs are so expensive. Unions are killing everything. Look at how much the domestic auto companies have to pay their workers compared to the forign auto companies, there is no way to compete. I don't think Unions in and of themselves are a bad thing, but when they become irresponsible it hurts everyone.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

S*it Happens!
    I don't want to turn this into a political discussion or anything. But why would any company want to build stuff here? Labor costs are so expensive. Unions are killing everything. Look at how much the domestic auto companies have to pay their workers compared to the forign auto companies, there is no way to compete. I don't think Unions in and of themselves are a bad thing, but when they become irresponsible it hurts everyone.

I guess, one can look at the situation in many ways…one thing for sure, we don’t produce much anymore. The who’s, and the why’s are debatable.

Even here, with our passion for the products we love, we tend to express our thoughts and opinions with vigor. Most of the time never thinking of any potential damage we might inadvertently cause to someone else.

I feel anyone can express his or her thoughts for whatever, and still find a balanced approach, so all are still left standing at the end of the day.
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Things like enviromental laws, child labor laws and worker safety regulations make manufacturing much more expensive in the USA . China doesn't have these expenses.

Members who have read this thread: 0