Can't decide... Ti vs. Aluminum fatbike due to frame size.- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Can't decide... Ti vs. Aluminum fatbike due to frame size.

Ready to pull the trigger on the NightTrain, but cannot decide on frame material due to sizing. My Enduro, XC, 27.5+ are all in 20" size, so you would think I need a large frame. Do the frames run a bit big from BD? I really, really, REALLY want Ti, but at the same time, I don't want to roll on a bike that I feel cramped on no matter how pretty it is. I am 5'10", with a 33" inseam, and Medium is the largest Ti frame they offer. Obviously in Al they have every size listed available. Any input from the fatbike riders would be greatly appreciated, especially since I cannot just go simply test ride one.

Can't decide... Ti vs. Aluminum fatbike due to frame size.-nighttrain-ti-oneby-21.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I'm pretty sure they offer size large and it's just out of stock at the moment. Shoot them an email. I have a small Ti Nighttrain and like it but I'm 5'6". I do feel a medium might fit slightly better. My problem is bikes are not built for me at all. I like to ride upright, mostly because I have to to prevent pain. So i have to run riser bars and shorter stems. Then I feel like I want to hang off the back of the seat all the time. A good fit for me is the real struggle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalEpicRyder View Post
    I'm pretty sure they offer size large and it's just out of stock at the moment. Shoot them an email. I have a small Ti Nighttrain and like it but I'm 5'6". I do feel a medium might fit slightly better. My problem is bikes are not built for me at all. I like to ride upright, mostly because I have to to prevent pain. So i have to run riser bars and shorter stems. Then I feel like I want to hang off the back of the seat all the time. A good fit for me is the real struggle.
    Thanks - I will do just that. This will be my last bike for a while, so I want to get it right!