BD Fork/Shipment Questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

BD Fork/Shipment Questions

Hey everyone,

I just pre-ordered a 2011 Motobecane Fly Pro from Bikes Direct. It comes with a Rock Shox SID Race 100mm RLT Fork. It's my understanding that BD does not include a shock pump and I will need to purchase one separately. My question is...do I need to make sure I get a pump before the bike arrives? Or does the factory already put adequate pressure in the shocks so it can be used for a while before I really need to mess with the pressure?

My other question is about what to do if the box arrives damaged. I have seen this in other threads, and people are saying to "refuse the shipment". I understand what this means, but I don't understand what the consequences are. If someone could please explain to me why it would be best to refuse the shipment if the box is damaged, and what you need to do after you refuse the shipment I would really appreciate it. I hope my bike doesn't arrive damaged but if it does I want to make sure I do everything right to get a new one. Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    you will probably need to adjust your shock pressure for your weight/riding style upon arrival. My LBS did mine for free. About the shipping, if you are worried, you should send a email to BD and ask them what you should do for the scenarios you mentioned. If you email them Monday, you will get a reply by Tuesday. BD advise on the shipping is the only one I think is relevant.

DynoDon
    A shock pump is about $30.00, you should get one, you'll need it to set the sag, and to adjust it after you ride the bike, sag is just a starting point, different conditions may call for different settings, and its best to set it up for you, and you can check to see if its leaking too.

UPS will want a signature to deliver your package, you don't have to sign if it appears damaged, holes in box, crushed, etc. you can take it out of the box and inspect to see if there is damage, before you sign, you can still refuse the shippment, just put the bike back in the box and return it. Its called a claim, I drove trucks for 30+ years.
    You can go to the UPS website and try to find more information on the refusal of shipments.
    You shouldn't have a problem with the box, I've ordered 2 bike from BD, no problems with shipping or the bikes.. Happy Trails

Members who have read this thread: 0