Anyone running Vuelta's Tubeless?- Mtbr.com
    HTFU!

Anyone running Vuelta's Tubeless?

I am considering running my Team SL's tubeless with a Stans kit. Has anyone done this? Any problems or advice? I would like to read on some experiences before venturing into the world of tubeless.
    Thanks.
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I have run them tubeless. I was using tubeless ready tires. I tried just using Stans yellow tape and valve, but the tires burped way to often and a couple of times blew off the rim. The Vuelta rims do not hold the beads tight enough to run them like this even with tubeless ready tires. They do however work great if you use Stans rim strips. So if you are going to go tubeless my recommendation is to use the rim strips.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I've been running mine tubeless with no major issues. I used a stan's 29er kit and put one layer of the yellow tape under the rim strip and then the Stan's rim strip. I did this becauses I wasn't having luck seating the tires without all three layers. Since setting up like this no issues at all in various terrain and with different tires (smalll block 8 and specialized fast trak). If you haven't set up tubless before keep in mind that an air compressor makes the initial setup a whole lot easier.
    Blogging about nothing since 2005
    http://devinrides.blogspot.com/

HTFU!
    My hope is to run regular tires with the Stans kit (not tubeless tires) I will be using Racing Ralphs, WTB Woverines and or Maxxis Larsen TT's. I suppose I should stop thinking about it and break down, buy the kit and give it a try. I will report back (in a few weeks+) if I actually do it. Good to hear I won't be the first to give this a go with these rims.
    I no longer deserve a signature. :skep:

Members who have read this thread: 1