mtbr member

Anyone have a new 2017 NightTrain?

I'm really close to buying the Express version 1x11 with carbon fork.. I have talked myself into this one up from the Lurch because I want 1x anyways and it must be quite a bit lighter. I'm not new to Motobecane, I had a Fantom Pro 29 back a few years ago and loved it. I am new to Fatbikes but these seem like a solid choice for my first one. I have been itching to get one to ride the past few winters here in Flagstaff, AZ.

Anybody have a NightTrain? How is it?

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by flagrider3 View Post
    I'm really close to buying the Express version 1x11 with carbon fork.. I have talked myself into this one up from the Lurch because I want 1x anyways and it must be quite a bit lighter. I'm not new to Motobecane, I had a Fantom Pro 29 back a few years ago and loved it. I am new to Fatbikes but these seem like a solid choice for my first one. I have been itching to get one to ride the past few winters here in Flagstaff, AZ.

I have the 2017 Night Train Express and I'm very happy with it. Initially, I wasn't pleased with the humongous q factor you get with the190mm crank spindle so I spent $75 and bought a 170mm spindle which improved things greatly and for me, no clearance issues. I love the GX shifting, brakes are fine, the Mulfuts are great tubeless, Minions are grippy but heavy. Overall, a great deal.
    Hope you got your order placed in time because they are sold out.
    2013 Chinesium 26'r HT
    2017 Moto Night Train Express

mtbr member
    Nov 2015
    I wish they had that express setup when I got mine last year, as it's exactly what I would've wanted. I quickly sold the bluto and got a carbon fork, plus a 1x10 setup with the stock Ride cranks, new 30t nw and 11-42 sunrace cassette. The express comes with upgraded brakes, cinch cranks, 1x11 and even better tires than what came on mine. Anyway, still digging my setup in all seasons...really like how it rides.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    purchased an NTX as well, no issues whatsoever. Been riding it for a few months now in some pretty rocky NE terrain. Swapped out the seat, post, and bars. Weights about 31 lbs tubeless, size large. For a different perspective, didn't even notice the Q factor. I'm 6'1" so I'm not sure if inseam length has anything to do with it, but it was a complete nonfactor. So much fun. You'll soon find out you'll be riding your fatty more than your trail bike....
    2011 khs dh300
    2015 rocky mountain thunderbolt msl 770
    2017 motobecane nighttrain express

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    BD is taking orders for the 2017 NTX again. Available in purple 15.5" this time, wasn't last time around. Really a fun bike, planning on ordering some Jumbo Jim's for warm weather riding.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by flagrider3 View Post

Hi,

What is the advantage (and disadvantage) of 1x?

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Nevermind, I found an article, in case others are wondering the same - https://drivetrainadvice.shimano.com/global/en/facts