600ht frame weight?- Mtbr.com

Mar 2009

600ht frame weight?

I'm curious what the weight of the frame alone is?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I don't know the answer to your question. However I would make a guess that it is somewhere around 5 pounds. My 18" Fly 9357 was 3.6lbs (advertised as 2.7), the Fantom is heavier than that and the 700ht is heavier than the Fantom. So I can tell you for certain that it will be much heavier than the Fly which is 3.6lbs.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I don't know the answer to your question. However I would make a guess that it is somewhere around 5 pounds. My 18" Fly 9357 was 3.6lbs (advertised as 2.7), the Fantom is heavier than that and the 700ht is heavier than the Fantom. So I can tell you for certain that it will be much heavier than the Fly which is 3.6lbs.
    Thanks, I was just looking at the Ebay Carbon frames...I see in your sig you have one? How is it? Sturdy? Light? Worth it?

I'm trying to sell the 600ht, and possibly get a Windsor or Moto 29er...But wondering if going the route of building a bike might be better...

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    You need to keep in mind that all the ebay carbon frames are not made by the same manufacturer. I can comment on mine, but it may or may not be representative of others. I love my carbon frame. It is stiff and light, it doesn't ride as smooth as you would expect carbon to, but that is to be expected from a lower end carbon frame. It weighs about 2.9 pounds. I have had quite a few good wrecks on it, so I can say it is definitely strong. But keep in mind that with carbon, if you smash it on a big rock it is probably going to crack in half.
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    You need to keep in mind that all the ebay carbon frames are not made by the same manufacturer. I can comment on mine, but it may or may not be representative of others. I love my carbon frame. It is stiff and light, it doesn't ride as smooth as you would expect carbon to, but that is to be expected from a lower end carbon frame. It weighs about 2.9 pounds. I have had quite a few good wrecks on it, so I can say it is definitely strong. But keep in mind that with carbon, if you smash it on a big rock it is probably going to crack in half.
    Thanks, I tend to avg a couple crashes a year. Carbon might be my enemy!

Rod
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ktgmeasap
    Thanks, I tend to avg a couple crashes a year. Carbon might be my enemy!
    Yea, I recommend staying away from carbon, unless you're an avid racer because like he said if you wreck you could destroy the frame.

Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Yea, I recommend staying away from carbon, unless you're an avid racer because like he said if you wreck you could destroy the frame.
    Thanks, they look cool and I know are light, but with my luck I'd probably crack it in the driveway!

Members who have read this thread: 0