600HT Frame Size - 33 inch inseam- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2006

600HT Frame Size - 33 inch inseam

Hey guys... I know you get this all the time, but I'm looking for some help on frame sizing.

I'm just getting into mountain biking (I ride a road bike and a touring bike), and I don't want to get something too big/small. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near a bike shop at the moment, so I can't even test out other brands.

I'm 6 foot tall, even... with a 33 inch inseam. I'm afraid the 21 will end up being too big, and the 19 will be too small.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I like to ride 18" frames. At your height and inseam a 19" is what you want, unless you have unusually long arms for your size, then you would want the 21".
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I like to ride 18" frames. At your height and inseam a 19" is what you want, unless you have unusually long arms for your size, then you would want the 21".
    Thanks a ton... I actually just had a friend show up at my house with both a 21 and 19 that he had (Trek 4300's)... you're definitely right, the 19 was MUCH more comfortable than the 21.

No-Brakes Cougar
    Keep in mind though that the overall geometry for different frame designs can be different. Be sure and check out the geo for the 600HT: http://motobecane.com/htgeometry.html
    R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio ~ July 10, 1942 May 16, 2010

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Man, I should have asked everyone for sizing help a few days ago, lol... My friend just stopped by with his 2010 Rockhopper (19) and it was definitely the best ride yet... and thanks for the link Gary. From what I can tell, the Rockhopper and the 600HT have pretty much the exact same geometry.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Wooo. Thanks for this post. We are the exact size and Im glad I found this post. I was leaning towards the 19 but Bike Directs site says go bigger.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sstrawsb
    Wooo. Thanks for this post. We are the exact size and Im glad I found this post. I was leaning towards the 19 but Bike Directs site says go bigger.
    The 19 ended up being perfect for me.

Members who have read this thread: 0