• 09-02-2009
    subigo
    600HT Frame Size - 33 inch inseam
    Hey guys... I know you get this all the time, but I'm looking for some help on frame sizing.

I'm just getting into mountain biking (I ride a road bike and a touring bike), and I don't want to get something too big/small. Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near a bike shop at the moment, so I can't even test out other brands.

I'm 6 foot tall, even... with a 33 inch inseam. I'm afraid the 21 will end up being too big, and the 19 will be too small.

Does anyone have any recommendations?
  • 09-02-2009
    ljsmith
    I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I like to ride 18" frames. At your height and inseam a 19" is what you want, unless you have unusually long arms for your size, then you would want the 21".
  • 09-02-2009
    subigo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsmith
    I am 5' 11" with a 32" inseam and I like to ride 18" frames. At your height and inseam a 19" is what you want, unless you have unusually long arms for your size, then you would want the 21".

Thanks a ton... I actually just had a friend show up at my house with both a 21 and 19 that he had (Trek 4300's)... you're definitely right, the 19 was MUCH more comfortable than the 21.
  • 09-02-2009
    Gary the No-Trash Cougar
    Keep in mind though that the overall geometry for different frame designs can be different. Be sure and check out the geo for the 600HT: http://motobecane.com/htgeometry.html
  • 09-02-2009
    subigo
    Man, I should have asked everyone for sizing help a few days ago, lol... My friend just stopped by with his 2010 Rockhopper (19) and it was definitely the best ride yet... and thanks for the link Gary. From what I can tell, the Rockhopper and the 600HT have pretty much the exact same geometry.
  • 09-17-2009
    sstrawsb
    Wooo. Thanks for this post. We are the exact size and Im glad I found this post. I was leaning towards the 19 but Bike Directs site says go bigger.
  • 09-17-2009
    subigo
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sstrawsb
    Wooo. Thanks for this post. We are the exact size and Im glad I found this post. I was leaning towards the 19 but Bike Directs site says go bigger.

The 19 ended up being perfect for me. :)