2x10 drivetrain with bashguard- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

2x10 drivetrain with bashguard

So for the guys who have ordered or are considering ordering bikes with the 10 speed drivetrain -- have you considered what bashguard or bashring to get?

Based on this thread: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=648177 it looks like there are no options?

I have a bashguard on my 3x9 Rockhopper and hit it all the time going over logs, so I'm sure I would destroy my big ring on the 2x10 setup with some sort of bash protection.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    According to this thread there will definitely be bashguard setups, just need to get a 3x10 crank I think:
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=644787

The Specialized Enduro EVO has one.

Trail Ninja
    I went with 2x10. No bashring planned. Don't think much dmg will happen when your chain is on the "big ring" 95% of the time.

Nothing fits the 386 FSA cranks (3 bolt 86 BCD) as far as I know.

KMA
    T U R T L E S P E E D
    Hi,

Shimano SLX cranks come in a 22/36/bashgaurd configuration. I bought these cranks to replace my FSA 386 (27/39 chainrings) that came on my Motobecane Fly Ti 29er XX bike. I took off the bashguard to save weight. I don't miss the top end gearing at all. I can still ride fast on the downhills in the 36x11 but the smaller 22 chainring with the big 29er wheels is a blessing on the long brutal climbs I encounter here in Colorado. The added weight of the SLX is minimal. The SLX cranks like the FSA 386 are rated for 9 speeds. However, they both shift fine with the SRAM XX drivetrain.

Thanks,
    Kevin

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the info Kevin, glad you have tried them out and found them to work.

Members who have read this thread: 0