2017 Fantom Ti Boost .... Derailleur Hanger Not Available- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2017

2017 Fantom Ti Boost .... Derailleur Hanger Not Available

Greetings all ,

Just wondering if anyone knows of an alternative source for
    Hanger #32 for the 2017 Moto Fantom Ti Boost.

I have to say I love the bike..... It handles better than any niner I've had (Nimble 9, Titus Rockstar, Niner Air9, Specialized Carve) and is by far the fastest mtb I've owned to date and am posting times on gnarly downhills that our right there with my full suspension rigs.

For 3k for a Ti bike the value is undeniable.

But now for woes...

There were no Derailleur Hangers available at time of purchase 2.5 months ago and as luck would have it I have now broken mine.
    This was about 2 weeks ago and replacements are still unavailable.

Just hoping to find an alternative source for the hangers or would purchase thru paypal or pinkbike if anyone has a spare or two laying around.

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I would like to know as well. It would be good to have a spare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I would send an e-mail to 925engineering@gmail.com and ask if he has one in that shape or can cnc it for you on demand.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    I would send an e-mail to 925engineering@gmail.com and ask if he has one in that shape or can cnc it for you on demand.
    Would this require taking ours and sending it to the person at the email you provided?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    No idea. Ask him.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017

Thanks.....

Quote Originally Posted by Desertride View Post
    No idea. Ask him.
    I had not come across 925 engineering in my scouring of the internet. So I reached out and I'll post back once I receive a reply whether or not they have or will make the Moto #32 hanger for future purchase.

If this doesn't work out I'll do it myself and will let anyone interested know how to purchase thru paypal.
    Hopefully BikesDirect or ORA engineering which have also not replied to my emails can get it together before then.
    (Yes I have full access to a machine shop and a CNC programmer but no time for pet projects until December)

I'm just highly disappointed as an end consumer who spent 3k on a bike that I can't ride because a $20 part hasn't been available for months from the supplier.
    IMO If they can't support it... It shouldn't be sold and thats coming from a Field Service Engineer

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I'm curious about the status of these as well. If my Ti Boost - which I love to death - has to sit idle due to lack of something as minor and critical as a hanger, I'm not going to be a happy man....

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerOne View Post
    I'm curious about the status of these as well. If my Ti Boost - which I love to death - has to sit idle due to lack of something as minor and critical as a hanger, I'm not going to be a happy man....
    https://derailleurhanger.com/

Has been really good to me over the years. I've broken quite a few and they've hooked me up. Just a picture and an email and a few days later I have a new hanger!

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by hcarreathers View Post
    https://derailleurhanger.com/

Has been really good to me over the years. I've broken quite a few and they've hooked me up. Just a picture and an email and a few days later I have a new hanger!

Interesting. It looks like their hanger for a Motobecane thru axle fat bike may be the same as the Fantom Ti Boost

https://derailleurhanger.com/product...ur-hanger-416/

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Any luck? I got the same bike a month ago and broke the hanger tonight. Thought ďno big dealĒ till I got home and tried to order it. Got the out of stock message so I searched elsewhere and found nothing that matches.

Kinda freaking out that my $3k bike may be out of comission over a $21 part that doesnít exist.

Fingers crossed.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Interesting. It looks like their hanger for a Motobecane thru axle fat bike may be the same as the Fantom Ti Boost

https://derailleurhanger.com/product...ur-hanger-416/

Its not..... Tried it when I got desperate
    Last edited by Ryze22; 11-10-2017 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Out of context without quote

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Mine broke on my 3rd ride with it and waited two months before requesting a full refund which was denied by BD. I then threatened to involve an attorney at which point they removed two from bikes they have in stock.

So you can get them as long as you don't take no for an answer.
    I had contacted ORA engineering months ago and they just got back to me earlier this week. I'll see if I can get a dozen from them because I don't think you'll be the last with this issue.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryze22 View Post
    Mine broke on my 3rd ride with it and waited two months before requesting a full refund which was denied by BD. I then threatened to involve an attorney at which point they removed two from bikes they have in stock.

So you can get them as long as you don't take no for an answer.
    I had contacted ORA engineering months ago and they just got back to me earlier this week. I'll see if I can get a dozen from them because I don't think you'll be the last with this issue.
    Iíll buy a couple from you if you grab a dozen. Mine hasnít broke yet but better to have Spares.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Pride View Post
    Iíll buy a couple from you if you grab a dozen. Mine hasnít broke yet but better to have Spares.
    I sent out an email earlier today so waiting for a quote. I would hate if anyone has to wait as long as i did so hopefully i get a quick reply.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I just bought one (#32 hanger) a few days ago from bikes direct and got a shipping confirmation yesterday so I assume they have them in stock. Get them while you can??