2015 Motobecane FLY Team 29 Ti- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Aug 2015

2015 Motobecane FLY Team 29 Ti

Thinking about picking one of these up to get into riding. Seems like the components are top notch. Is the XTR Groupset, Vuelta Wheels, and 100mm Rockshox Reba worth the upgrade over the standard Fantom 29er Ti?

Disclaimer: I'm a noob when it comes to Moto and new bikes in general. I'm very mechanically inclined and have no brand loyalty so that's why I'm leaning towards going with the highest spec'd bike for the money. Any reason I would want to go with a less-spec'd Giant, Specialized, etc. for starters? Any other brands I should look at before making the purchase?

Thanks!

Fat-tired Roadie
    Replied on your other thread.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Pre-ordered the m9000 and love it, $2700. The wheels on my bike, built wrong. Spokes are to short and the aluminum nipples explode like popcorn. Sucks because t
    hey are light and ok quality. You could compromise with
    brass nipples, like you would if you made a mistake in your spoke lanth calculations but that shouldn't be the customers
    responsibility. Middle man xrp customer service had no clue and told me to contact the other Veulta company. Guess l should contact BD .
    Sometimes Rickety, not a turd

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Turd View Post
    Pre-ordered the m9000 and love it, $2700. The wheels on my bike, built wrong. Spokes are to short and the aluminum nipples explode like popcorn. Sucks because t
    hey are light and ok quality. You could compromise with
    brass nipples, like you would if you made a mistake in your spoke lanth calculations but that shouldn't be the customers
    responsibility. Middle man xrp customer service had no clue and told me to contact the other Veulta company. Guess l should contact BD .
    Thanks for the feedback. I actually was given a killer deal on a '14 Scott Spark 900SL that I couldn't pass up so I went that route instead. Really didn't make sense for me to spend the same amount on Moto...