2010 Fly Team Ti- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

2010 Fly Team Ti

Anyone buy the 2010 Fly Team Ti? How about an update on the bike and your purchase experiences?
    Did you have any sizing issues and what did you do to make the bike fit?
    I wanted to buy a 20" 2010 Fly Team Ti but it appears they are SOLD OUT.
    Will the 2011's be $1K higher in price like some of the other XX/2x10 branded bikes?
    Yes I am signed up for the yahoo newsletter.
    Danke.

S*it Happens!
    Did you try the Cycle Spectrum in Florida they have five locations? Two in Jacksonville, (Your Town) and then one in Orange Park, Orlando & Jax Beach

Click Me!
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Thanks.

I Just this minute got back from riding a 2010 22" Fly Team Ti at the BD JAX location and it didn't feel terrible. It had some Panaracer Fire XC 2.1 tires that were a bit under inflated so the bike felt a bit squirrely. The fit did not feel over stretched out as I had thought it might. The flat bar would have to go. But I would really like to ride a 20" if someone had one in stock. I will try to call the other dealers now...

The OP store number has been disconnected and the beach locations gave me the number to the SJTC place I just left.

I'll need to do a longer ride on the 22" in a week or so when I've actually got the full purchase price in hand.

Anyone else?

Edit: The Orlando location does not have any on the floor and would special order the 22" Fly Team Ti just like JAX BD.

S*it Happens!
    I’m wondering…what did you think of the store?

Many people believe these bikes are only sold online…however, just like any major manufacture. They are also sold in bike shops…just on a smaller scale. However, with over a hundred different models of bikes to their credit. It easy too see they are not just some fly by night company.

Would you say it was your typical bike shop… Did the staff seem helpful?
    -_0
    _ `\<,_
    (+)/ (+)
    Like life…the trail is unpredictable...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009

Jax Bd

Yep.Craig, the manager, has been there for years (or maybe before the start of this shop) and the atmosphere is relaxed and casual. This BD location has as many if not more bikes than the other major's I've frequented. There were a lot of different kinds of bikes such as mtb , road , tri, cruisers, bmx, kids, and frames , tires, saddles, bars, pedals, computers, tools, clothing, helmets and really everything else every other bike shop has.They even had a bike in the window today that had the PK Ripper name on it; that really took me back to the late 70's or early 80's. The shop is in the biggest/newest shopping plaza area in Jacksonville near the University of North Florida and large corporate campuses.

Sometimes Craig, or the manager at the time, may be on duty by themselves so you may have to wait a few minutes like every other bike shop but be patient because everyone I have dealt with there has always been helpful with whatever I needed including services. Regular shop as far as I know.

This will be my 3rd bike from this shop. My first was a Fantom HT Elite in 21" several years back; I ended up parting it out. And then like a year or two ago I bought a CF Fuji Road bike. Now I'm eyeballing the AL Fly Team. I really like the ability to put the power down with AL. If I need to I can get a CF or Ti seatpost and or handlebar to dampen the ride. But Ti is still in my future.

Yep, typical shop as far as I can tell.

Members who have read this thread: 0