2.5 fits on a fantom ds!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

2.5 fits on a fantom ds!

Just tried a 2.5 nevegal and it fits with about 0.3" clearance around all the stays! Theres more clearance than the front shock has which is amazing. I torqued the heck out of the frame and I dont see any rub - not even close.

Unfortunately, I cant run 2.5 in the rear - its going up front and 2.3 is on the rear cause the guy at the LBS convinced me to go this route.

Ill be trying this setup at Mammoth this weekend. If you see a dude on a Moto with a stupid smile on my face - its me. Wave and say hi!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tj90
    Just tried a 2.5 nevegal and it fits with about 0.3" clearance around all the stays! Theres more clearance than the front shock has which is amazing. I torqued the heck out of the frame and I dont see any rub - not even close.

Unfortunately, I cant run 2.5 in the rear - its going up front and 2.3 is on the rear cause the guy at the LBS convinced me to go this route.

Ill be trying this setup at Mammoth this weekend. If you see a dude on a Moto with a stupid smile on my face - its me. Wave and say hi!!
    So the 2.5 did not clear in the rear? I want to find out whats the fattest tire we can get on this bike in the rear.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I don't understand you post. You say the 2.5 clears all the stays, yet you say "I can't run the 2.5 in back". If it clears the stays why can't you run it in the back? Also I would love to see pics of that monster tire!
    2015 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    2014 Focus Raven 27R
    2017 Lynskey GR250
    2016 Niner BSB
    1987 Haro RS1

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Let me clarify. 2.5 fits easily. I said that I couldnt run 2.5 in the back due to $$ buying another tire... You will not have any issue running 2.5s on this frame.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tj90

Was this a 29er? Or a 26"? I cannot seem to find 2.5 Nevegal tires for 29ers?

The 2.2 Nevegal is the same width as my 2.1 Small Block 8's - just in case anyone needs this info. I want something fatter.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was referring to 26"

Members who have read this thread: 0