Schwinn sticker removal?- Mtbr.com
    May The Force Be With You

Schwinn sticker removal?

i was just wondering who else removes all of the Schwinn stickers since their death in sept.2001?

" width="549">
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

May The Force Be With You
    am i the only one?...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Guess so.

Got an 06 Schwinn, so after their "death", and dont care who sees the sticker or what they think.
    Metal has two purposes in this world:
    1. To be played loud.
    2. To be bent to my will.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Very appealing Schwinn bike you have there.

Oct 2006
    I embrace that ****.

Anyone aware enough to think of a schwinn as a wal-mart bike is also aware enough to know a bad ass old schwinn when they see one.

On another note though, schwinn stickers seem to do a pretty good job of removing themselves in my experiance

mtbr member
    I really have no want to remove them in the first place the the few comments I do get have been positive (usually have been from the guys at work). Besides I really don't care if people love or hate my bike since I like it.

mtbr member
    Seems like an appropriate place for my first post.

I agree with Alex-7. I bought my Moab when it was brand new back in 1997. I've put many a mile on it and the bike that preceded it, a Schwinn Frontier. Both have served me well and I'm proud of what Schwinn used to be and will leave the logos on my bike. I also agree that they do tend to crack and fall off...

-eddie.

stickers

yeah you can definately tell what side i always crash my homegrown on, the stickers are completly gone and on the other side theyre almost perfect, schwinn built a hell of a bike, bt damn their stickers suck lol!!!, but i guess i dont looking for a bike with the coolest stickers!!

mtbr member
    its more fun to ride a so called "wal-mart bike" and pass people on 1300 dollar bikes on the trails.... honestly, gear snobery is lame, riding and having fun with your fellow mountain bikers is cool.... i get a lot of crap for my "wal mart bike" but i dont care, and it doesnt stop me from hucking it off jumps and having a blast crusing down the downhills.... its about riding, not what gear you have, when or where it was made, and how much it costs.... i thought we were mountain bikers, not name brand label whores like the 16 year old girls in high school....

CTB
    mtbr member
    I'd never take the stickers off my bike. That logo means something to me, and it works both ways. I've had people see my bike and say, "Hey, beautiful Schwinn, man." They know what it is. I've never had anyone give me guff about the name on it, but I figure if they do, then I can take the opportunity to educate them on what it is and why it isn't a POS. Plus like many have said, I love my bikes, so if someone else doesn't like it because of the brand, that's their problem. I'm too busy enjoying my nicely-styled, nicely-engineered, nicely-finished bike to care.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CTB
    I'd never take the stickers off my bike. That logo means something to me, and it works both ways. I've had people see my bike and say, "Hey, beautiful Schwinn, man." They know what it is. I've never had anyone give me guff about the name on it, but I figure if they do, then I can take the opportunity to educate them on what it is and why it isn't a POS. Plus like many have said, I love my bikes, so if someone else doesn't like it because of the brand, that's their problem. I'm too busy enjoying my nicely-styled, nicely-engineered, nicely-finished bike to care.
    I agree with you. But like in Spain we don't have Wall-mart, or any other place where you cab buy Schwinn lots of people don't know the brand and it's cool to explain their what's and what was Schwinn.

Members who have read this thread: 0