Homegrown Upgrade Teaser- Mtbr.com

Homegrown Upgrade Done - 1x9 and Discs

Well I finally got all the parts in to do my 1 x 9 set up on my Homegrown along with the upgraded wheelset and Magura Marta discs. It's not done yet but here is how it is going so far.

Last edited by RSutton1223; 11-16-2006 at 09:03 PM.

The upgraded parts this time around - Race Face Deus Cranks, Race Face Bash Guard, 32T Blackspire Mono Veloce Ring, XT 11-34 Cassette, X.0 Shifter and RD, N-Gear Jump Stop, Magura Marta 185 rear (b/c of adapter...the caliper is actually a 160) 160 front, DT Swiss 4.1d rims, DT Swiss 240S hubs, DT Swiss Comp Spokes, Hope Skewers and Seat Clamp (Not pictured),

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    That's nice. What's the advantage, if any, of having the rear brake caliper mounted there?

Thanks....I didn't have a choice on that mounting point. This frame had a Hayes Direct Mount disc mount, and only one caliper made by Hayes fits it. So I had to use an adapter bolted to the Hayes mount to get the IS mounts.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Do you know of other calipers that will fit the Homegrown frames with that type of disc brake mounting, and what type of adapter did you use to fit the brake on the frame? I just picked up a 2000 Homegrown with a similar brake mount.

I used Magura Marta's on that frame. You have to use a 180mm rotor with 160mm caliper mounts (w/post mount) or 160mm calipers (w/IS calipers).

Adapter
    http://cgi.ebay.com/A2Z-Rear-Disc-Br...QQcmdZViewItem

mtbr member
    Anybody still have pics of the setup with the A2Z adapter? I want to try and fit some BB7's on the rear. Recently put some on the front and really like the braking over my XT V's.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RS VR6
    Anybody still have pics of the setup with the A2Z adapter? I want to try and fit some BB7's on the rear. Recently put some on the front and really like the braking over my XT V's.
    do you get the bb7 on the back...?

mtbr member
    Never did...

CTB
    mtbr member
    Which A2Z adapter were you looking for pictures of? I have a DM-UNI on my Sweetspot.

Members who have read this thread: 0