good bye to my straight 6- Mtbr.com
    mtbr "member"

good bye to my straight 6

After months of debating, I finally did it. Sold my straight 6 and all the spares that went with it. You know how you make a decision and deep down inside you know that you will at some point regret what you did? Probably one of those moments. Logically, it makes sense to sell it but its definitely been one of the most entertaining bikes I've ever owned. Atleast, I still have pictures...

REEK

smell my finger
    Well I gues it's time for you to pack up your tent and head on over to another manufacturer's forum. We'll all have to make the decision to replace our beloved aging Schwinns sometime (we all know they will not last forever). I too have done some re-tooling, Dropped my converted St. 6 back to a 4-Banger (sold my longer shock). Then I replaced that coil frame with an air shock one with mag drop-outs. I sold my spare rear-end too. I also sold my Sweetspot (a little too small) to one of my friends, at least I can still visit it. All of this was brought on by the purchase of my current big bike a R.M. Switch (and the resultant bill to pay). This bike made me realize the St. 6 conversion was just too fragile to risk on hard falls and heavy loads (200+ lbs). I think the design works very well as an air-sprung, long-travel xc bike. My "new" 4 banger shows signs of stress though. Someday I'm sure the last of my Schwinns will fade away too!

May The Force Be With You
    sometimes you just have to let go. i kinda messed up my self. when i was stationed up in Minot, ND i had a '98 4banger and '00 straight8. i though i'ld be there for ever and ended up selling both. less then 8months later i got orders to Utah... i've got an '01 straight8 now, and working on building up a 2000 homegrown... ride on brother....ride on..
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    '01 Straight 8
    '16 Balance
    '11 Jedi (for sale, small)

mtbr "member"

still riding a lawwill

I still do have a couple Straight 8's I'm clinging to. Two NEW frames actually and one beat up one. I just built up one of the new frames and the beat up one is about on its last leg. Don't ride them quite as much as I used to ride my straight 6's though.

At some point, I'll have to learn to let go. But until then...

REEK

Members who have read this thread: 0