Freedrive Maintenance- Mtbr.com
    achiever

Freedrive Maintenance

My 05 Teo Elite developed a creaking noise over the past couple of weeks so today I decided to fix it. I was thinking it was something to do with the bottom bracket so I pulled the cranks and took the BB cups out one at a time. When I pulled the drive side cup with the platstic tube attached I noticed a pile of crap in the BB housing (not sure of the proper name for it). It turns out that the housing which also has a number of pivot points on it has a hole in it up near the top and no drain hole. This doesn't really make any sense to me. Why a hole up so high with none in the bottom. Anyway, next time I lube the pivots I may drill 1/8" or 3/16" hole to let the water out.

Anyway, I got everything apart and re-lubed and the infernal creaking is gone. It's a pretty simple job but Id prefer to have some torque specs next time and some blue loctite. I may take some pics and post up a how to next time. I'll probably be replacing the BB in the late fall so I'll do it then.

Red

mtbr member
    My '05 Teocali Super just started creaking down there. I just thought the bearings were shot or needed maintenence. If I figure it out when I pull it apart I'll post.

FYI, this is after about 2500 miles.

achiever
    I had another creek start mid ride yesterday. It was driving me insane and couldn't ride until I figured it out. It turned out to be the rear derailluer cable housing rubbing on the frame near the bottom of the seat mast.

Members who have read this thread: 0